46 ❀ Head over freaking heels

Klepto POV

          Klepto POV

     "So, this one is the gas, right?"

     I see the panic that sparks in Ezra, and chuckle to myself, leaning forward to hit my forehead on the steering wheel. The honk of the horn makes me jump, but I'm still laughing my ass off.

     It may not be obvious to him, but I'm pulling his leg.

     Messing with him is too easy.... and too fun.

     "Goddess help me." He mumbles, running a hand through his hair, "I should've never agreed to this."

     My wonderful mate has agreed to something amazing. I've begged him for the past few days to teach me how to drive. I couldn't wait. As soon as I saw that Alpha Veiler and his buddies brought a car with them, I've been giddy to learn.

     It's more of a big suburban, at least that's what Ezra calls it, but I don't exactly know the difference.

     A car's a car.

     "Driving seems fun!" I grip the steering wheel in my sweaty hands. I'm a bit nervous, but also pumped. This is going to be freaking awesome.

     "Probably because you've only seen that blonde girl from High School Musical drive her pink convertible." He grumbles, still tense at having me behind the wheel.

     "Come on, Ezra, she's fabulous." I say, because it's obvious. I just made him watch all 3 high school musicals, so he should know. "Not to mention, there's no other cars on the road."

     I motion with my hand out the window to the long open path into the woods. It's the only road that leads to the pack, and it goes on for a few miles. It's the perfect place to learn how to drive.

     "I just don't see why this is necessary. Why exactly do you need to drive? Where do you want to drive to?!" He's clearly exasperated, but not angry. I shake my head.

     "I'm 21! That's so old to not be driving yet!"

     "Yeah, well I'm 93 and I barely drive at all." I literally gasp, my hair flying as my head whips around to stare at him.

     "You're 93?" I sputter, and the amused grin that pops onto his face makes my heart race and my stomach flutter.

      He is one hot old man.

     Okay, that sounds way wrong.

     "I was born July 3rd,1925."

     My eyes widen as I stare at him as if he'll spit up some sort of explanation. It appears that's all he has to say.

     "You could be my great grandfather." I demand, raising my eyebrows to try to get him to realize how insane this is. Ezra is not fazed.

     How did he not see what a big deal this is?