Chapter 44 - Poison of the Past

Everyone stared blankly at Feng Yao. However, as soon as they blinked, they found that her expression was the same as usual, almost as if the look from before had just been a fleeting illusion.

Mr. Uncle, who had been silently watching her, spoke up at that moment.

"Are you able to get rid his poison?"

Feng Yao retracted her gaze from the shivering young boy in the guard's arms to meet Mr. Uncle's eyes.

"Perhaps. Do you have any medical herbs that I could have?"

"Mhm. I'll show you to them."

She nodded in thanks before turning to the two guards.

"Wrap him up in warm blankets and place him on the bed. Make sure his body temperature rises up to normal, and keep a close eye on his breathing and pulse."

They immediately nodded and hurriedly rushed over to the other room with the child. Feng Yao was just about turn to ask Mr. Uncle something when she noticed the young girl still fidgeting nervously in the corner. 

Slightly sighing in her heart, she softened her voice before speaking to her.

"Go. Follow the two guards, and keep an eye on your brother. If he wakes up, he'll want to see you the most."

The young girl quickly nodded, relieved that Feng Yao no longer seemed to want to inquire about the wandering village from earlier. With her little feet, she turned and ran after the two guards and her brother.

As the soft pitter-patter of her feet left the room, Feng Yao turned back to face Mr. Uncle who simply turned and began walking out of the house.

We're going outside?

Feng Yao raised her eyebrow, but she immediately followed him as he led them out and around the back of his home. Outside, the chilly wind brushed against her skin and made a few stray strands of her hair fly around. However, Feng Yao didn't seem to notice.

Instead, her entire attention was focused on the secret passage that had suddenly appeared on the side of the home that was the most secluded by the shadows of the surrounding bamboo.

She hadn't seen how Mr. Uncle had managed to make it appear. There had not even been the slightest signs of a door being there earlier. 

...Oh dear. Please don't tell me that Mr. Uncle is actually an incredibly rich underworld boss. 

However, she didn't voice her questions as she wordlessly followed him inside.

A small staircase leading deeper into a secluded but surprisingly well ventilated basement brought them farther down until finally the dark passage surrounding them suddenly brightened. 

As Feng Yao's eyes began to readjust to the change in lighting, the sight of an incredibly large room slowly filled her line of sight. On every side were countless rows of various rare items such as legendary artifacts, priceless armor pieces, and hundreds of weapons of every shape and size.

Some of them seemed quite new as if they had just been recently added while others looked as if they were the ancient heirlooms to family bloodlines that had long been wiped out. But no matter in what shape or style they were, Feng Yao could tell that every single item she laid eyes on could cost well over the price of a small noble home.

...Holy heavenly gods of above. 

She didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the absurd scene. 

Who needs bows and arrows when you can just take all of these things and endlessly pelt people to death? 

While pelting the enemies with these artifacts, you could even simultaneously make their hearts bleed from the pain of tactlessly abusing these priceless items.