Chapter 12 Part 2 Well That Was Embarrassing

Chris’s POV

Chris groaned as she opened her eyes, all she saw was blurry darkness. She blinked a few times allowing her eyes to adjust to her dark glasses. Finally she was able to focus on the strange scene around her. Joseph half naked appeared to be biting his knuckle as he looked down on her. Next to him Garrett looked immediately relieved and exhausted, which made her wonder if he was next to pass out, and Peter who physically sighed. Then her eyes fell on Terrant who stood next to her, his head tilted slightly and eyebrows raised as he examined her slow progression into consciousness.

She passed out… she must have. It didn’t make sense why she would be in… she glanced around for a second to gain her bearings, she appeared to be in Joseph’s living quarters. She started to push herself up on her elbows when a sharp pain reached through her skull and she let out a hiss. The males around her reacted, all coming toward her as though she might die. She started to put up a hand to wave them away but Terrant was too quick; his arm reaching out to usher them back from the bed.    

“Give her space. Peter go get her some water. Garrett get her Healer on the phone.” Both men nodded and rushed to do his bidding while Terrant sat down next to her, helping her lay back down. Chris could feel her face flushing red as he checked her pulse again. She glanced up at Joseph who was very tense watching every single thing that Terrant did. “Do you remember everything that happened?”
    Chris thought for a second and nodded. “I remember you punched me.”

“What!?” Joseph said.

Terrant smiled, “You were lucky I didn’t punch you. Do you have any pain?”

“No. What do you mean I was lucky?”

Terrant smirked, “I couldn’t tell if you were playing a trick again. Thankfully I made the right decision and caught you instead of punching you.” Chris’s face got even redder which made Terrant smirk even more. “Do you have any condition that could cause fainting or dizzy spells?”

Chris shook her head, wishing she could hide herself under a pillow… this was so embarrassing. Peter handed Terrant a glass of water and left the room. Chris reached for the water but Terrant put it on the bedside table. “I don’t want you to have any until we have a better understanding of what happened. Now tell me everything that led up to you fainting.”

“We uh… were fighting and I was….winning.” Terrant smirked but didn’t disagree. “I felt like a bolt of lightning hit me. Like I… I don’t know… suddenly had all this energy, but I couldn’t keep up with it and I started to get pressure in my chest then my body stopped responding and…. everything went black.”

Terrant nodded, a thoughtful look on his face. He pulled a small penlight from a black bag and went to remove the dark glasses from her face.

Before he could touch them Garrett called out, “The Healer wishes to speak to you Alpha Terrant.”

Terrant paused for a second before handing the light to Joseph. “Check her eyes while I speak to the Healer.” Terrant stood up and walked toward Garrett who stood at the door. Garrett held out the phone and Terrant took it speaking quietly to the Healer.

Joseph kneeled down next to the bed and pulled Chris’s glasses up, shining the light into both eyes, checking for them to constrict. He glanced over his shoulder and then whispered very quietly, “He will find out soon enough. He’s a smart one.”

Chris sighed ignoring Joseph's comment. “Can I get up now? This is horribly embarrassing.”

“Well you will have to ask Dr. Terrant.” Joseph said smirking, turning just at Terrant hung up, and handed the phone back to Garrett.