Chapter 72

Josies POV

I dropped my bags as Billie and I got into our hotel room in Miami. I felt my jaw hanging open as I stood in front of the glass windows that showed our view of the other beautiful skyscrapers surrounding us with the aqua water behind them.

"Holy shit." I awed.

"I know babe." Billie wrapped her arms around me from behind as she set her head on my shoulder.

We heard a knock on the door causing me to slightly jump because I wasn't expecting someone so soon since we literally just walked into our room.

"Eilish!" I heard a familiar voice squeal from the hallway.

"Corinne!" Billie smiled as they hugged.

"Hey Corinne." I smiled as I walked over to them.

I did tell Billie I would give her a second chance so here's to trying.

"Hi Josie." She said with much less enthusiasm as she walked past me; almost dismissing me.

I gave a what-the-fuck look as I watched her jump onto Billie and I's bed. That was rude. This is why I never tried to be friends with her because she never seemed to give me the time of day.

Billie walked past me, not seeming to notice Corinnes rude behavior, and joined her on our bed. This is not how I envisioned our first few moments in Miami together.

-

After about an hour of third wheeling with Billie and Corinne in our room, there was another knock on the door and soon the door opened revealing Maggie.

"Billie it's time to get ready for the dinner tonight." Maggie said as she joined us.

"Dinner?" I tilted my head as I looked at Billie because she hasn't mentioned anything about a dinner tonight.

"The press dinner?" Corinne said in a duh-tone to me.

"Yeah babe, I forgot to tell you that we have a stupid press dinner tonight." Billie rolled her eyes as she began to stand up.

As if we were playing follow the leader and Billie was the leader, Corinne stood up simultaneously.

"So I hope you brought something hot for tonight." Billie winked, making my cheeks turn pink because she just doesn't care what she says, even in front of her mother.

"Well, I think I'm gonna go get ready," Corinne said, clearly uncomfortable, "see you later Eilish!"

Then she left- without saying a word to me.

"So how am I supposed to dress for this dinner?" I questioned.

"It's gonna be pretty formal, but wear whatever you want. Fuck em bro." Billie shrugged.

Something I admire about Billie is how she really doesn't give a fuck about anything or about following any social standards. She is one hundred percent herself one hundred percent of the time and that's just one more thing I love about her.

"Billie!" Maggie scolded her causing me to laugh to myself and Billie to roll her eyes.

-

"You look good." I said as I walked up behind Billie, who was sitting in a chair getting her hair touched up by her stylist.

"Thank you," she said before turning her head to glance at me, "wow."

She got up as her stylist finished and walked up to me, looking me up and down as she approached.

I was dressed in a black and white patterned mini dress that was strapless and came to mid thigh with a pair of black heals; a little outside of my typical attire.