↳ fifteen

THE FIVE OF THEM INCLUDING MARGARET ARRIVED BACK AT THE TARDIS FROM CITY HALL WITH, NIGHT HAS FALLEN

THE FIVE OF THEM INCLUDING MARGARET ARRIVED BACK AT THE TARDIS FROM CITY HALL WITH, NIGHT HAS FALLEN. Margaret walked around the console in awe, "This ship is impossible. It's superb. How do you get the outside around the inside?"

"Like I'd give you the secret, yeah." the Doctor scoffed.

"I almost feel better about being defeated. I never stood a chance. This is the technology of the gods." Margaret stroked the console.

"Don't worship me - I'd make a very bad god. You wouldn't get a day off, for starters. Jack, how we doing, big fella?"

"This extrapolator's top of the range. Where did you get it?" Jack commented.

"Oh, I don't know. Some airlock sale?" Margaret shrugged.

"Must've been a great big heist. It's stacked with power."

"But we can use it for fuel?"

"It's not compatible," Jack explained, "but it should knock off about twelve hours. We'll be ready to go by morning."

"Then we're stuck here overnight." the Doctor sighed.

"I'm in no hurry," Margaret replied.

"We've got a prisoner." Rose grinned, "The police box is really a police box."

"You're not just police, though. Since you're taking me to my death," Margaret sighed, rolling a metal ball in her hand, "that makes you my executioners. Every one of you."

"Well, you deserve it." Mickey snapped.

"You're very quick to say so. You're very quick to soak your hands in my blood, which makes you better than me, how, exactly? Long night ahead Let's see who can look me in the eye."

Mickey and Rose look away as quickly as Margaret gazed at them, Lindsey and Jack followed after a moment, the Doctor was the last to look away.

· ━━━━━ ·⚘· ━━━━━ ·

Mickey is standing outside the TARDIS looking at the water tower. Rose joins him, rubbing her hands together as it was cold, she didn't want to stand outside, she wanted to stay inside with the Doctor.

"It's freezing out here!" Rose complained.

"Better than in there." Mickey counted, "She does deserve it. She's a Slitheen. I don't care. It's just weird in that box."

"I didn't really need my passport," Rose smirked, biting her lip.

"I've been thinking, you know, we could go have a drink," Mickey suggested. "Have a pizza or something. Just you and me."

"That'd be nice."

"And, I mean, if the Tardis can't leave until morning, we could go to a hotel, spend the night. I mean, if you want to. I've got some money..."