seventy-one

||CHAPTER 71||
《¤》

The glow from my laptop lit up the entire room. Coiled up inside a blanket, I focused on the video playing on the screen. W was an interesting series, and I had no regrets skipping the pool party. It was three in the morning, which meant that it was still raging up on the roof top, but all the revelation had killed the buzz for me.

I had not seen Ishita since the encounter last afternoon, and I was glad that she had avoided coming up to change for the party. I was not ready to face them with charming smiles and contemptuous intentions yet.

The tub of ice-cream that the room-service had delivered ten minutes ago was not healthy, but it was comfort food at it's best. My tongue played with the spoon, while my eyes were trained on the subtitles. It was difficult to concentrate on them when Lee Jong Suk frequented the screen so many times.

A sudden tug on my earphones forced a gasp out of me, while my eyes tried adjusting to the lack of light around me. The glare from the screen fell on the intruder, ruining my mood instantly. "What the hell, Ritwik?

"You said ki tu thodi der mein ayegi upar," he presented me with an equally irritated frown. "Arnav kabse tujhe call kar raha hai. Phone kisliye hai tere paas?"

I rolled my eyes, tapping on the mouse pad of my laptop to pause the video. "Kya chahiye usko?"

"Roshni se chhutkara," he replied, grabbing my tub of comfort food. "Tu yaha akele-akele hi khaa rahi hai?"

I picked up another spoon and offered it to him. He snatched it out of my hand without wasting a second. "Memory card Arnav ke camera equipment bag me hoga. Le and dafa ho yaha sey."

"Tu upar kyoo nahi aa rahi?" He asked, taking a seat on my bed instead. "Everyone's having so much fun!"

I sat facing him, dipping my spoon into the chocolate heaven.

"Agar tere periods chal rahe hai then you don't have to swim. Bas upar aaja na, have some fun. Or is it something from the Shimla Camp too? Tu itna kyoo badal rahi hai?"

"Aisa nahi hai," I replied lowly. It would be a lie if I said I was not excited about the pool-party in the morning.

"Fir aise Asian porn kyoo dekh rahi hai? Agar chingo log pasand hai tho bolna mujhe, setting karwa deta hoon mai tera Dhruv ke saath. Assam se hai but dikhta unke tarah hai."

"What?" I tried comprehending his words. "Eww, no! Kaisi behuda baatein kar raha hai tu?!"

"Arey, chill maar. Offer hi kar raha hoon," he shrugged before messily spooning out ice-cream.
"I'm just saying ki upar aake hamare saath mazey le. Ye shows tu baadme bhi dekh sakti hai. Ishita ne bhi bade mushqil se ham sab ke trip pe jhagde hone se sambhala hai, aise paani mein mat dubo apne bestie ki mehnat ko- and I wasn't supposed to say that, shit."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, "Arey, chill maar. Galti se, mujhe sab pata chal gaya hai."

If I hadn't known better, I would have assumed he was suffering a brain-freeze. He stopped all his actions, with his mouth open wide and spoonful of ice-cream halfway inside. A moment later he closed his mouth and wiped the spoon clean. "Oh."

"Yeah, oh." I fixed my spoon inside the ice-cream tub.

"Kab pata chala?"

"Dopahar ko."

"Yaar..." He did not know what to reply. "We did not want to hide it from you."

"But you did not want me to know either," I shrugged. "I mean, it's cool. I'm just wondering why was no one coming out with it. Koi badi baat nahi honi chahiye yeh, right?"