Chapter 14

You're just as messed up as I am.

She was right, wasn't she? It's not like I didn't already know that. I figured that I should stop thinking about what happened, so I shifted my attention to other things. It's quite a busy night. A lot of students are coming in. A little later, someone approached me. "Hey, Lisa."

"Hey, Yeri."

"I'm glad you remembered my name this time." She chuckled. "So... how ya doin'?"

"Doing good. You?"

"Same. It's been a while, huh? Are you free later?"

"Actually, I've already got plans."

"That sucks," she said looking a bit disappointed.

"Sorry."

"It's okay. See you when I see you, I guess." Then she left.

I haven't been sleeping with other girls since I met Chaeyoung. We're not officially dating, but I only wanna hang around her these days.

Later that night, I heard my boss talking loudly to someone over the phone. He stepped out of his room looking distraught.

"Are you alright, Mr. Kim?"

"I have to go, Lisa. It's Jennie..." He heaved a huge sigh and tried to wipe the tears welling in his eyes. "She's in the hospital right now."

"What happened!?"

"I don't know. They found her unconscious."

"Oh my god, Mr. Kim."

"I—I have to go now." He left immediately.

When my shift ended, I went to the hospital to check on Jennie. I was about to enter the room, but I saw her family inside. They were crying.

"What happened?" I asked the nurse.

"The patient died from drug overdose. We tried to save her, but it was too late," she replied.

I didn't want to believe what I heard. We just talked the other day and now she's gone. This is so fucked up. I felt fucking sick to my stomach.

I got out of there as fast as I could.