Chapter 16

Lisa's POV

It's been weeks since Jennie passed away. Every time I go to the CA meeting and she's not there, I can't help but feel that sharp pain in my chest. I'm still not used to not having her around anymore. Her old man hasn't been coming to the bar as much as before, too. Her family is still grieving and I really feel sorry for Mr. Kim.

While I was clearing the bar counter, an old buddy of suddenly approached me. "Lisa, oh my god! I haven't seen you in a long time."

"Hey, Sorn. It's been a while. What's up?"

"Nothing much. I'm pretty much the same. How have you been? I didn't know you work here."

"I'm doing fine. Well, actually, it's been a couple of months already since I started working here."

"That's good, Lisa. I'm glad you're fine. By the way, do you still do photography?"

"Yeah, but only for a hobby."

"Actually, I got a friend who's into event planning and she mentioned that they were looking for part time photographers. You know, for weddings and stuff. Would you be up for that?"

"Yes, definitely! I was recently just thinking of getting another job for extra income."

"Great! I'll talk to my friend and keep you posted."

We exchanged numbers. "Nice seeing you again, Lisa," she said. "I think better get back to my friends now."

"Okay. Nice seeing you, too, Sorn. Bye!"

"Bye!"

Well, that was a pleasant surprise.

When I came home after my shift, I was greeted by Chaeng. When we started being official, I gave her a key to my apartment so she can come in whenever she wants.

"Hey, Chaeng. Why are you still up? Don't you have classes tomorrow morning?"

"Yeah, but today is a special day."

She showed me the cake she bought that says, Happy 150 days. She wrapped her arms around me and said, "Happy 150 days of being clean, babe. I'm so proud of you."

She gave me a kiss and smile spread across my face. "Thanks, Rosie."

I looked at Chaeng and all my worries disappear. She's the peace amid all the chaos. She feels like home to me. I really don't know what I did to deserve her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, everyone! 😋 I just wanna say Happy Pride Month to all my fellow beauties! Spread love ya'll!!! 🌈🌈🌈