LXXXV

We were always like a time bomb ticking
And you're so Hollywood
You're always searching for the next best thing
And it's for the better
So I guess best friends don't last forever
~ Falling In Reverse, Fuck You And All Your Friends

"Where to now?" I question as Marcus and I walk away from the set we just watched.

"I think the board said Falling In Reverse is playing next." Marcus's eyes light up.

If there was one band he loves more than Fallen Angels, it is Falling In Reverse.

That boy used to play Bad Girls Club all time but I think that had more to do with Andy Biersack being in the video.

"Let's go then." Marcus doesn't even wait for me to respond before he's making a b-line for the stage they are on.

"I'm surprised they are so early," I comment once we are near the front of the stage.

"What time do Erik and they play at?"

"Usually after two, but they have played earlier."

"What are they doing right now? Did they not want to join us?"

"I'm guessing still working on that song. I'm texting Devon right now to see if they will come to this set and they go back to writing after that."

Kyle had woken everyone up this morning around four thirty so that they could write a song which meant Marcus and I were unable to fall back to sleep.

"Why didn't they have you help them write the song?"

"I have a feeling that the song is going to be personal and full of anger, he has two girls to write about now rather than one." I slip my phone into the back pocket of my shorts seeing as Devon left me on reading.

"Who's the first one? There's Isla and?" Marcus looks puzzled as he checks his phone quickly.

"Scarlett, Erik's cousin." I nervously scratch my foot against the cement, the last thing we have heard about her is that she is being released from the treatment centre that she was in.

It has all of us scared.

We will be seeing her at the Chicago tour along with Erik's aunt, the woman who single handedly raised these two trouble makers and I know for a fact that they were shits.

I haven't met her and have only ever seen her though facetime and photos Erik has shown me.

To say I am nervous is an understatement, she is practically my mother in law and she hadn't been at our wedding.

I knew she said she didn't blame me and she understood the whole last minute thing, but I still have my doubts.

"How is she doing?" Marcus asks, he only knows bits and pieces about what I experienced with the band during those short months Scarlett was still a part of it, "whatever happened to that song you two made?"

"Oh god." I mumble, trying to hide my embarrassment, "it was going to be released but because of health issues, Scarlett didn't end up posting it on her personal social media but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if she did release it later on. The music video looks like something that In This Moment would release."

"Ewwww, you're my sister why would you do that to me?" I jokingly shove Marcus's shoulder as he teases me.

"I truly think I did it to get back at mom and dad and kinda Erik too, but more so with mom and dad."

"Oh my god, I can't imagine their faces if they had seen the video. Just by the look on your face I know if you hadn't already been removed from the will you would have been there right then and there. They probably would have called the priest." Marcus starts laughing and having trouble breathing from the way he is laughing.