*Guilt of War*

A/N: hey, look, another new part! ;) Changed the name of this chapter cause I forgot there was an episode called Night Terrors in season 6, lol. Also, quick thanks to Alphawolfgirl666 for being my test reader of this chapter and giving me feedback! :*

 Also, quick thanks to Alphawolfgirl666 for being my test reader of this chapter and giving me feedback! :*

I jolt awake when there's several sharp trills in my mind and massive waves of fear rush over me. "What's wrong, girl?" I frown, stroking the wall beside my bed with my thumb.

The trills become more insistent as she gives a loud, worried hum, my lights flashing. "Alright, alright, I'm up," I get out of bed, slipping my boot-slippers and a jumper on. "What do you need, then? What's wrong with the Doctor?" I ask and my door opens up.

I head out of my room and follow the lights that the TARDIS was using to lead me. They stop at an old wood door that has Gallifreyan on it and I frown, tracing it lightly. I hear a scream from inside and rush in, my eyes widening in shock. The Doctor was thrashing around on his bed, screaming in absolute terror. Oh, my God...

"I don't know what to do..." I shake my head and the TARDIS hums worriedly. "I've never dealt with someone who's having a night terror before! Do I wake him up?" I ask, my heart aching as I watch the Doctor.

The TARDIS just trills again and I huff... really helpful. I walk over to the Doctor cautiously, touching his shoulder and shaking it while I call his name softly. Faster than I thought was possible, I find myself underneath the Doctor, one of his hands around my throat while he stares down at me with glazed over eyes. I gasp for breath, my instincts taking over as I claw at whatever I could reach. My vision starts to blur at the lack of oxygen and my heart was pounding in my chest.

I kick out, thrashing under him and he seems to snap out of whatever state he was in. He lets go and I turn over on the bed, grabbing my throat as I cough, taking gasping breaths. I hear the Doctor faintly, he was freaking out from what I could tell. "Lizzie? Elizabeth!" he grabs my shoulder, turning me to him and he pales when he sees my neck. "Oh... oh, Lizzie, I'm so sorry," his voice cracks as he backs away from me, horror and guilt washing over me.

I sit up on my knees and hold my hands out, "it's alright," I assure him, my voice raspy.

"Alright?" he stares at me, face contorting when he glances at my neck again. "Alright!? I choked you! I could've-" he breaks off as his breathing gets quicker and he clutches his head in his hands.

"Hey," I scoot over, cupping his face in my hands and forcing him to look at me. "You didn't know what you were doing, you were dreaming," I tell him softly before frowning. "You're bleeding..." I mutter, running my thumb gently along a few cuts that were on his cheek, both of us hissing quietly. "I hurt you," I look up at him.

"Me? Don't worry about me... we need to get something on that," he touches my neck with his fingertips before drawing back when we both hiss and he pushes me away.