Vol 5 Chap 158

Author's Rambling: Popcorns are deadly. It lured me with their delicious smell, hooked me with its delicious taste and then K.O-ed me with a headache!

XH 158

"The 19th Emperor and Doctor Bai arrive!" A eunuch standing by the doorway announced loudly once his sharp eyes caught sight of the incoming people.

The eunuch recognized the young girl with them as the Third Prince's personal maid that had stayed over at the Empress' courtyard as a guest and because of her identity; he did not bother to announce her arrival. As he was also in charge of helping the Emperor in sending out invitations to guests, he knew that this maid was not invited. But he was not stupid enough to stop her when she was able to tag along with two important guests to attend the banquet.

The eunuch and other gatekeepers had their head lowered but their ears remained sharp. The life of a servant was truly difficult. Their owners expected them to be attentive and mind readers, yet forbid them to know much and to have them act like an unfeeling thing made to cater them.

The servants' greatest dream could be the day where they were allowed to beat up their masters and being rich!

"You met my grandson at Munzhu? It could be considered as the fate for the two of you to meet. How old are you?" The 19th Emperor asked.

"I'm fourteen this year."

"Ha ha! Just three years difference! That's just nice!"

The servants were surprised at how friendly the stern 19th Emperor was towards a maid. The fact that the Third Prince was the 19th Emperor's favorite grandson was known to many, but even so, the favoritism should not have extended to the Third Prince's personal maid.

Witnessing their genuine harmonious interaction, the eunuch was glad that he had not attempted to stop the maid from entering!

But no matter what the other servants thought it was not shown on their faces. It was a crime to overthink their masters' actions, but that does not stop them from making an assumption of their actions and sell it to those that want it.

Money, money, money~ make us happy! [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

Immediately after the eunuch finished speaking, every guest's eyes were glued at the entrance and their heartbeats were beating like a war drum, waiting for the God-like doctor to appear.

It was the gentle flutter of the white robe, covering the long legs and flashing the sight of white shoes that first entered the gate. That wonderful sight gently caressed the surface of the guests' hearts, hooking their attention. Next, the gentle swaying of long and smooth black hair immediately had their heart shook from an unidentifiable heavy feeling. Finally, the benevolent and fresh face with the purest gaze in the world had their heart nearly stop beating, their mortal heart unable to withstand such tenderness.

The male guests: F**k! This lord nearly falls for a male! Σ(°△°|||)︴

The female guests: Kyaaaaaaaaa! I want to jump him! ヽ(♡‿♡)ノ

Although everyone has different, the direction of their thoughts was actually alike to each other.

Not even the indifferent heroine that had seen and tumble with good looking men in her original world could resist such a temptation.

It was the squeeze on her hand from Long Shan that returned her back to rationality. She gave him a bright smile and an affectionate squeeze in return, calming down his jealousy. So what if her fiancé was not as good looking as Miracle Doctor Bai? He would never be ten times the man Long Shan was.