19

Chapter Nineteen | Closure

Me and Aries? Aries and I? What the hell is Elena even thinking? For Armon to even believe and tell her something like that is just as weird. What the hell would even make him think that Aries and I would have something going on?

I mean, it's Aries fucking Lockhart for crying out loud. Yeah, we've gotten close over over the past month or so, but what's weird about that? He's my friend — that also happens to be giving me sex lessons — but that's all.

I never knew Elena had an ill feeling towards my relationship with Aries, and the fact that she let Armon trick her into thinking we had something going on didn't rub me the right way either. Why would she believe him when she knows he has this imaginary rivalry against me? She's just as wrong as he is.

Turning a corner, I could hear loud music from outside my car. I knew where Armon lives just for the simple fact we've been on the same team for years, and sometimes we sleep over at another house when we have an away game so it'll be easier for the Coach to come get us and take us to the buses. Since Armon had the biggest house out of everyone one the team, we always slept over at his, however, it's been a while since I stepped foot into this asshole house.

Pulling up to yard, I easily spotted the many cars parked in his driveway and along the sidewalk. There was students all outside talking amongst one another, all under the influence, all way too young to be doing the thing that they're doing. Shaking my head in disappointment, I parked my car and made my way to the front door.

Upon entering inside the house, the music seemed to grow louder, the pounding bass making my ears vibrate in sync to the beat. The smell of alcohol lingered in the air and I upturned my nose at the burning scent. The place was packed with students from Ridgeview and a few other schools as well. Everyone seemed to be dancing the night away, drink in hand, worries gone away. I watched with a raised brow as I spotted one girl take a body shot off of another girl, the crowd around them practically losing their mind at the scene.

Yeah, I gotta hurry and find Aries.

I tried to make my way through the intoxicated crowd with ease, scooting and passing through most of them with a simple "excuse me" here and there. Now I remember why I don't do parties, it's always too loud and crowded. Why can't parties ever be relaxing and calm with only a few people? I wouldn't mind something like a small get together with a few friends, but a house party was definitely something I had no interest in.