20

Chapter Twenty | Jack Daniels

After letting Lemuel and Spencer sober up, I dropped them off at home. It was now past midnight  and Aries and I were just driving around town. The windows down, the cool midnight air filling the car as Partynextdoor played softly from the radio. It was a peaceful night despite how it all started.

I looked over at Aries to see his head out the window letting the air hit his face, his eyes closed at the feeling, a smile coming over his lips.

"You want me to drop you off back at the party? Or you going home?" I asked him, as I slowly braked at a red light.

Aries put his head back in the car and thought for a moment. "Truthfully, I don't wanna go back to party and I don't wanna go home either. My dad is just gonna be on my case about why I'm coming home after midnight."

"You can stay at my place tonight if you want. My folks aren't even home for the weekend so it's just me and Theo."

Aries nodded his head. "Alright."

The light turned green and the cool air started to fill the car again as I drove through the night. Aries seemed to navigate out the window again, his eyes up at the stars above us. It reminded me of the first time we rode together, him yelling out from my sunroof acting a fool. It's crazy to think how much has happened since that time.

When we pulled up to my place I seen Theo's room lights off which I can assume mean he's asleep. Good, I don't need him seeing Aries and getting the wrong idea like he did last time he caught him over here.

"Try to be quiet because Theo is sleeping." I whispered to Aries once we were inside and making our way up the stairs.

"No I'm not." Theo voiced from inside in his room.

Aries couldn't hold in his laughter as I rolled my eyes at the nuisance. "Hey Aries." Theo continued.

"Hey Theo." Aries replied and waved as if the boy could see him.