Sea-Blue Eyes

-MAYA-

*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

Stupid alarm, I thought, dragging myself out of bed. Glancing around the room, I noticed that Brandon had already left. I raked my messy, dirty blonde hair back with my fingers, and trudged to the bathroom.

Brandon and I had met in art school as freshmen. Slowly, we became good friends. Of course, Riles and I decided to go to the same college, she took psychology instead of art. Alone in class, Brandon had the nerve to "borrow" my pencil while I wasn't looking. He offered to make it up to me, and we became close after that.

Brandon tried to ask me out by sophomore year.

However, I was determined to wait for  Josh.

Guess what?

Senior year ended, and he didn't even contact me.

So I forgot the stupid "long game" promise he made and accepted Brandon's offer. Best decision I ever made.

Because a year later, we're still together.

Not to mention, I have a great job. I never thought animating was like, "my thing." But it was the best job available, so what other option did I have? It turned out way better than expected.

My phone rang just as I finished changing.

"Hey, Riles."

"PEACHES!"

"RILES!"

"PEACHES!"

"RILES!"

"You have to come to our Christmas party tonight. I have something to announce. Maya, please stop saying no, you have to come, you don't-"

"Sunshine, chill. I'll be there."

"Really?"

"Really."

"And Brandon?"

"He's on his morning coffee run, but I'll catch him there."

"Kay, see you there Peaches."

"Right back at you, Riles."

Wow. I can't believe I forgot that it's Christmas Eve today.

I changed into my yellow hoodie with the word, "PEACHES" lettered in white. I smiled, thinking about when Riley gave it to me. After slipping on my black leggings and gray running shoes, I put my hair up in a high ponytail.

I ran to Starbucks, pausing outside the window.

No.

I must be hallucinating. There's no way. No way. He- he wouldn't. He couldn't.

In front of my very eyes sat Brandon and a red-haired girl. Holding hands.

Kissing.

Any sadness I felt transformed into anger. I marched in the store, making my presence known. They didn't even pause for a second. I grabbed a drink from the counter.

I walked behind him, watching as her pale hand grabbed his short black hair. I was very aware of the entire store watching me.

"Surprise." I whispered in his ear, dumping the drink over their heads.

"I c-can explain. I prom-"

"Save it," I hissed.

The red-haired, pale girl glared at me with chocolate eyes.