~6~

ELROY

      My eyes perused through the design sketches Infront of me, flipping from page to page with my infamous indifferent look. I later closed the sketch book, looking over at Judy Devon, the owner of the Devon Brand.

"Hm... They look good." I said. Pushing the sketch book to her direction. The middle aged woman gave a small Curt smile. "But they don't match up to my company's standards." Her Curt smile dropped immediately, at my remark.

"What?" She asked.

I raised my brow at her. "But we can make do with a few, if you'll allow me to show your designs to my best designers, they'd know what went wrong... Your designs are good but, they're just not that good." I stated, ignoring her question.

"Um... I'd love that Mr. Chesterfield. My sketchers may have given off the wrong vibe, I am really sorry about that. But all the same, It'd be an honor to work with you and the other industries for this project."

I replied with a nod.

Judy stood up and so did I. She extended her hand for a hand shake.

"Oh, we don't need to shake on the deal, Judy." I informed her.

In embarrassment, she dropped her hand back in her side. "It's a pleasure finally getting to meet you Mr. Chesterfield. Sparks was and still is the company that built my inspiration for designing."

Argh! Why can't she just leave!

"I'm glad to hear that." I said with a stern look.

The woman smiled as she finally walked out of my office. Shortly after, my assistant, Carter, came in.

"How is the bikini shoot going?" I asked, lifting my head to stare at him.

"They're still on it. Lexi wasn't able to model for it though."

"What? What happened to her?" I asked with creased brows.

"Family crisis." Carter said.

I sat up. "Family crisis? What is our business with that? She shouldn't have auditioned for the shoot If she wasn't capable of doing it." I frowned. "Some people are just incompetent. Give her a call and tell her not to bother coming back."

"Okay."

I hated shit like this.

This was my work and I couldn't have anyone toying with it.

Carter was still standing there.

"Anything else?" I asked him.

"Um... Actually, yes... Your brother's outside, he wants to see you."

My jaw clenched. "Why are you telling me this? I remember asking you to cancel any visitation that wasn't work related. Tell him to leave, I'm busy."

"Um ... He is rather... Reluctant." Carter said.

I sighed, knowing how stubborn Damien could get.

I knew it was Damien anyway, who else had it in his schedule to bother his brother on Tuesdays?

Cade, on the other hand, wasn't one to associate with anyone.