38.

After Sebastian had spoken to his friends, he wasted no time and began to except his plan of trying woo Mia in Amsterdam.

He spoke to his father first and told him, that he wanted to take up more responsibilities in the company, and thought that going to conferences, such as the one in Amsterdam, was a good way to start doing that.

Sebastian had obviously left out the part, that he wanted to spend more time with Mia during the trip, since that was probably best kept to himself.

After hearing his son speak with such passion, Richard was delighted and immediately agreed to his suggestion. He even insisted that he take Mia along with him.

Little did Richard know, that was the initial plan.

Mia did look forward to going to Amsterdam, since she'd never been, however she was quite hesitant because it would mean having to spend time alone with with Sebastian.

After their near kiss at Leslie's party and then the way he took care of her when she fell ill, Mia could feel her heart racing at times due to his close proximity. At least in the office, she could come up with some sort of excuse to avoid him and then she could go to her own home at the end of the day.

She really wasn't sure on how she felt about Sebastian. Yes, her pulse would race when he was around her and her skin would heat up, with that intense gaze of his, but she had all that when she was ill too.

He was sweet and kind and caring towards her, but then he had also been the opposite of those things before. She couldn't bring herself to forgot about all that had happened in the past. She wanted to, but couldn't.

Together in Amsterdam, for three days, it was going to be a challenge for her.

When the pair got to the city, it was the day of the conference. They wanted to check into the hotel first and put their things down, before having head to the conference. However, when they got to the hotel, they were both in for a shock.

Since Richard was the one who was going to come initially, his assistant had booked him one room with only a double bed.

The decision to send Sebastian was pretty last minute. He hadn't mentioned it to Richard before and everything was planned in a bit of a haste. The room situation was complete  oversight, it wasn't even something Sebastian had planned, but was pretty happy with. It was like fate was on his side.

Unfortunately, there were no other rooms available in that same hotel, as it was booked up due to the conference and it seemed to be a popular time for a visit.

They need to hurry and put their belongings in the room, so that they weren't late to the conference, which left them with no choice, but to accept the situation.

Whilst Sebastian nervously accepted it, hoping that he wasn't pushing his luck too much, Mia begrudgingly went along with the circumstances too.

The pair decided that they can be grown ups about the situation and sleep on one bed for the time being, without anything happening.

In all honesty, Sebastian was surprised that Mia agreed to it, but for obvious reasons he wasn't going to voice his surprise. He didn't want to spook her or cause her to change her mind suddenly.

Mia didn't want to share the bed, but she didn't see much of a choice either, since the other options were the floor or a sofa, both of which didn't look all that comfortable.