44.

Ever since their first date together, Sebastian and Mia felt as if they were soaring with happiness.

Sebastian had kept true to his word and planned many more dates for the couple. Mia felt bad, that it was always him that would organise something for them to do together, but apparently that's how he liked it. He was intent on providing Mia with every date that he'd missed out on with her, even if that meant dates to the zoo, pizza-making classes or just walks to the park.

Mia had told Aaron and Melissa of her and Sebastian being a couple, and whilst Melissa was ecstatic for them, the opposite could be said for Aaron, who proceeded to call Sebastian every bad name under the sun, until Mia and Melissa intervened.

Begrudgingly, Aaron accepted the relationship, only because Mia seemed be happy. He really wasn't overly thrilled about the whole situation.

Despite the little hiccup, regarding her brother's dislike about their relationship, both Mia and Sebastian were in a happy place with one another.

She had now started working full-time within the marketing department, a job that she was incredibly thrilled about. Mia realised that this was something she really enjoyed doing, and the team that she worked with was amazing. She was happy.

The same could not really be said for Sebastian, however. He liked that Mia had found a role she thrived in, but he didn't like the fact that, this meant she'd now be working two floors below him. It wasn't fair to him. He couldn't spend time with her.

Mia would always come up to his office during her breaks and he would often go to her desk to pick her up for lunch, but it wasn't the same. He was too used to their previous arrangement, even if Mia would tell him it was all still good.

***

Tonight, was a small dinner party held at Richard and Lorelai's home.

Sebastian had told his parents about Mia being his girlfriend, not long after the whole drama in the office before. It was inevitable that word would reach Richard after that mess, so the pair decided to just come clean.

It was safe to say, his parents were ecstatic hearing the news, Richard especially. They just loved having Mia around.

Ever since Sebastian had told his parents about Mia being his girlfriend, they loved having her around.

For the party, Mia was dressed in a knee-length, black midi dress, which had an asymmetrical bottom half. There were thin straps at her shoulders, and her back was left exposed.

It was a dress that Sebastian bought for her, and while it wouldn't be her first choice, he was very excited for her to wear it, and she couldn't refuse. Not to mention, she looked amazing in it.

Meanwhile, Sebastian was suited and booted. He wanted to match Mia, as those couples often do int he movies.

The white shirt he wore, Mia's favourite, was fitted to his body, top-button done up as always. He accompanied that with a black dinner jacket and matching dress pants, a slim tie to go with that.

He had a black and white, checkered pocket-tie fixed on his lapel, a gift from Mia. Her initials stitched onto the corner. A little detail, that he loved a whole lot.

When the two entered Sebastian's parents home, the breathtaking mansion still a lavish sight for Mia, they saw a lot of the guests had already arrived.

The couple saw Richard standing at the centre of the room, a large grin on his face as he saw them.

"Mia, thank you for coming," Richard greeted her, when she was near enough and then pulled her in for a tight hug.