Part 13 - Not That Simple

*Billie's POV*

I can't believe everything that had happened in the past few weeks.

Rachael, the backup singer everyone thought was innocent, is Rachael, the girl who broke Adam's heart permanently. It was a lot to take in.

In other news, Matty and I were still in that awkward not-quite-dating stage...Neither of us said we loved each other. I really wanted to. I did. But...I couldn't. Not yet. We hadn't even gone on a proper date yet. Apart from the arcade. We certainly hadn't - y'know - done it. Wed only made out once. But I still really, really liked him.

I was sitting in Matty's living room with Matty, sipping our tea. "Billie, you know that I really like you." He said, taking my hand. We were sitting facing each other cross legged on his couch. "I really like you too." I said, leaning forwards and kissing him. I placed my lips on his gently, and he put his hand on the side of my face. He deepened the kiss by pulling me closer, sliding his hands down my sides to rest on my hips. I ended up straddling him, with his hands on my hips and my arms around his neck. We broke apart after a while, taking a breath. We rested out foreheads together, smiling, "I really like you," I said. He grinned and pushed his lips onto mine again.

(Meanwhile...)

*Adam's POV*

It was the day I was supposed to meet Rachael at her house for her to "explain".

I didn't think there was anything to explain.

She left me, in the middle of a restaurant, on my knees, gaping at her as she ran away. But you let her go, the voice in my head said. I ran after her.

It wasn't even that she didn't want to get married that upset me. It was that she just got up and left. She left a note, but I didn't know where she was going, if she was alright... She could've been dead for all I knew.

It was the fact that she just packed up her things and left. Left me. It was too much to bear to remember. I remember the way I felt for the weeks after she left. I wanted to fall asleep and not wake up until she was next to me again. It was all too much. I called and texted her every day, most of the time twice. She never picked up or replied. After two months, I gave up. I'd tried to reach her for two months. She didn't want to talk to me, see me, live with me, to be mine anymore. She didn't want anything to do with me.

But I decided I'd go and see her. I wasn't going to do anything rash, just hear her side of the story. I know that I was probably seeing her too fast, after she'd just showed up out of the blue, but I certainly wasn't going to forgive her. But I wanted to, deep deep down.

Deep down I wanted to kiss her, and forget she ever left. Deep down I wanted to just go back to normal, and marry her, and have her be mine again. But I knew it wasn't that simple.

I got into my car and arrived at her address a half an hour later. She was in an apartment, on the third floor. I stood outside her door, contemplating wether I should go in, or forget about her all over again. I could just go home and call Brittany over. I knew what would end up happening...

No. I'll see this through, I thought. I did miss Rachael, more than anything else in the entire world. I wanted her back, but again, I knew it wasn't that simple.

I knocked on her door four times. She came to answer it in black denim shorts and a blue loose top. God, I missed her.

"Hey," She said, tucking her reddish-brown hair behind her ear.

"Hey." I said.

"Come in," she said, stepping aside to let me in. I stepped over the threshold and looked around.