Chapter 79: Fourth Life - Lovers' Stroll

Yesterday, Master spent the entire day teaching me spells and cultivation. We practiced a bit of swordplay, but I was too weak to lift up his sword, the Flaming Demon Sword. He was a bit agitated, but told me that he would look into a weapon I could actually use. 

Sitting behind his desk, Master asked for me, "Rong Xin."

"Yes, Master?" I walked over to him.

Looking around the room, Master avoided my stare. "I'm going to Yeguang City to buy some things. You can come along."

"Really? I'd love to! The last time we went..." I paused. 

The last time we went, you kissed me.

I wanted to say that but decided against it, shaking the memory away from my mind.

"Good. Then let's go now." Master stood up and walked toward the exit of the cave. 

"Mmm!" I followed after him, happily skipping along. 

We walked a few minutes down the mountain into the cool weather. Summer was ending and a chilly Autumn was to replace it. Master suddenly turned around to look at me causing a halt in our footsteps.

"Use your teleportation spell to Yeguang City," Master ordered.

"But Master, I barely succeeded yesterday," I whined. I really wasn't confident in using spells, but it looked like Master was not going to be lenient about this as Lord Wu.

"You have to use the spell to get use to it. How else are you going to learn?" 

Master was right. I was being cowardly and depended on him too much for everything. I had to learn how to do things for myself. 

"A-- All right. I'll try."

"Find your way there. I'll be waiting at the city gates." Those were Master's last words to me before vanishing into thin air. 

He really teleported without me!

Taking a deep breath in, I focused my inner powers to a central location in my mind.

I can do this.

I envisioned the big city gates with lots of people around. Attempting to draw my physical being into that mental image, I extended my two index and middle fingers to my forehead. I felt my body leave the chilly forest and opened my eyes. 

I did it! I really did it!

Except I didn't teleport to the city gates but inside Yeguang City Theater! I saw people gripping onto the railings of the balconies pointing and yelling as I fell in mid air. As if in slow motion, I looked down and saw the stage getting close with gravity pulling me down fast. I was going to die! 

A long white sleeve flew out of nowhere and bound itself around my waist. Someone pulled me with the soft cloth, and I landed in their arms while we floated down. 

"Rong Xin?"

"Qin Yu!" I remembered him. 

He held me until we landed safely. Still wrapped in his arms, I watched the audience yelled accusations at us.

"Is she some sort of fairy?! She fell out of nowhere!"

"Must be some sort of demon trick!"

"I'm so jealous Qin Yu is embracing her so lovingly!"

Oh, this is not good.

Qin Yu made sure I was all right before turning to the restless audience.