Chapter 9: Trees

"Trees are God's great alphabet: With them, he writes in shining green across the world, his thoughts serene."

                     -Leonora Speyer

The cool breeze of the late morning blew past you, silently, the wind running through your h/l, h/c hair as you stormed through the large garden behind the ancient palace.

You huffed out angrily, hands clenching in annoyance as you paced back and forth.

Did he really think that he could just have you at his beck and call? That he could just say the word and you would go running? What a joke.

After Yoongi told you about Jungkook's command-request...you had instantly stiffened up.

You really didn't want to face him again...especially not after the way he treated you in the bathhouse....He was a snot nosed brat and a pervert....not to mention a pedophile at that..

Needless to say, you didn't go to see him, rather deciding on avoiding the throne room at any cost. You didn't care to meet his brother and you certainly didn't care to give him the satisfaction of you coming to him just because he asked it of you.

You were not his slave, and you weren't about to let him treat you like one.

Although your anger at Jungkook had played a large part in your refusal to see him....it wasn't the entire reason why you wouldn't go to the throne room...

You didn't want to meet his brother.

You didn't want to meet Taehyung.

After everything that happened...after you left Egypt- left Taehyung behind...the wounds were still fresh..

You sighed, running a hand through your hair.

Not to mention...Yoongi and Grace.

You knew that you had betrayed them by falling in love again...You knew that there was absolutely no excuse for your actions in the past realm. There was nothing you could say to defend yourself...You had done wrong.

And you knew it.

A piece of your heart cracked as you thought over the possibilities of what was happening in The Four Kingdoms....Yoongi was probably worried sick, each and every one of them. He probably prayed every night for your safe return, wishing....hoping that you were alright wherever you were....but all the while...he was completely unaware that you were falling in love with another man....kissing another man in his absence.

But that wasn't even the full extent of your betrayal...

Not only did you betray Yoongi....

You betrayed Taehyung as well.

The Pharaoh you had come to love-to adore....You never once mentioned your past love to him...but you knew that he was well aware of everything that you had experienced with the Dragon King...He knew every detail of your past romance...and it wasn't because you told him...It was because of Anubis...

It hurt you to know that Taehyung knew everything and yet....he still let you go...because he loved you.

What was wrong with you?

Why couldn't you manage to remain loyal to one person? Why did you have to fall in love again? Now....You would have to choose....And the sad part was....You didn't know where to go.

"Ah, so this is where you ran off to."

Your head snapped up at the familiar, velvety voice, cheeks stained with tears, you didn't even know that you had begun to shed.