38| What's so Special About Edward in Twilight?

"I'M not going to the party."

"Yes, you are, Logan," Gracie scolded, grabbing onto my forearm and sitting down on the bed.

We had gotten back home from state awhile ago. Usually, the team would have gone out to lunch afterwards whether we won or lost, but I couldn't even bring myself to do that. I needed to go home, so that's exactly what I did.

Well, I didn't go home home. Gracie was my ride, and we went to her house. I was avoiding going home due to the fact that I knew what awaited me on the other side of my front door. A momentous scolding from my parents, which, at the moment, I just couldn't deal with. So Gracie was letting me spend the day at her house. Although, now trying to force me to join her at the annual party.

"Even when we lost state sophomore year, you came to the party. It was still a good time, and I remember you had a lot of fun!" Gracie argued. "So why can't you even think about having fun tonight?"

"Don't act like you don't know," I muttered. "This week has been complete and utter shit. Winning state was the only thing I was counting on to make my week not completely suck ass."

Gracie sucked in a deep breath and let go of my arm. "Logan Pierce, you do not get to act like this. At least not unless you tell me what has made this week so goddamn awful. Because you've literally told me nothing. I've been texting with Jeremy and Bianca, too, and they're just as clueless as me."

"It's really nothing."

"It is clearly not nothing!" She exclaimed, shaking her head at me. "So either tell me, or man up and get your ass to the party!"

I groaned and laid back on her bed, running a hand through my hair as I laid down. "Noah and I were seeing each other secretly," I admitted.

"EXCUSE ME WHAT?" Gracie said, leaning over to look at me.

"We wanted to keep things between us," I told her. "It started the last night we were in Florida, and it ended this Tuesday."

Gracie frowned. "Why did it end?"

"Because," I started, sitting up and taking a deep breath, "I was a huge bitch to him when he... met my parents."

Her mouth opened wide. "Woah, woah, woah... Noah Locke. Met your parents? What in the hell do you mean? Your parents hate—"

"I know what they hate, Gracie," I interrupted. "They caught us... kissing. So they wanted to meet him, and then I said something really insensitive about Noah when he wasn't listening. Look, I don't want to get into the excruciating details, but to put a long story short: Noah hates me, and he's been ignoring me all week."

"So that's why you've been even bitchier than normal..." Gracie drawled and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. "Logan. You're coming to the party. It's settled."