Chapter 11:

Chapter 11:

Song: James- sometimes

The flight to Spain was a long and tiring one but thankfully I had Alvaro by my side who proved to be extremely entertaining. He would make up funny stories about the people that were travelling with us, giving each one a weird name and career.

For instance, there was this man who was probably in his sixties that was sited right next to us. He was bald and had a funny moustache. The man was short, with a cute belly and he looked like someone’s grandfather. Alvaro decided that his name was Miguel and he was a retired stripper who was visiting his boy toy in Spain.

Everytime the man looked at us I couldn’t help but picture him in a stripper’s thong while in bed with a twenty year old boy. Let’s just say that my continuous giggles were making all the passengers uncomfortable. The poor man could obviously tell that we were discussing him so he ended up giving us evil stares that made us laugh even harder.

We were being assholes and we knew it.

This is how we occupied our long hours on air, joking around and enjoying each other’s company. In the small period of time that I had known Alvaro, I had grown awfully attached to him.

Spending so many days training for my exams with him contributed into bringing us closer. I honestly couldn’t imagine my life without him in it anymore.

Unfortunately though, due to the fact that I had been so focused on getting my degree, I had neglected the romantic side of our relationship. Sure, while hanging out we would hug and peck each other’s lips all the time but it was never more than that. Alvaro was always so respectful and careful around me, which I loved, but I was more than ready to bring the passion back into our lives.

I knew sometimes it was hard for him to be so in control but he was such a gentleman. I realized pretty quickly that it was the way he was brought up- he couldn’t help it.

And I knew how lucky I was to have a mate like that but I was more than ready to take our relationship into the next level. One step at a time.

We landed on the ‘Barajas’ international airport in Madrid at 4 o clock in the afternoon, right on schedule. Alvaro explained to me that we would have to drive for around 3 to 4 hours in order to get to his hometown: Albarracin.

I immediately googled the town’s name and was rewarded with a million pictures of what seemed to be a breathtaking place. Albarracin had it all. It had beautiful castles for me to explore and amazing forests to run free in my wolf form. It wasn’t one of these big cities where people only had time for their jobs and their dinners at fancy restaurants.  As Alvaro had mentioned it was a small and homey one where everyone knew each other’s names, cared for each other’s wellbeing and lived in peace.

It was the perfect place for me.

In the beginning, I had thought that the village might be a bit too much on the old-fashioned side but my mate quickly dismissed my assumptions.

“It has pretty much the same luxuries a big city does. It’s just more private. Mateo's grand grand-father wanted the pack to live in a town where everyone could be free to be themselves without risking exposing ourselves to the humans. Throughout the years, we learned how to keep up with human technologies’ just so we can be up-to-date. Especially now that Mateo is the Alpha I believe the town will advance even more in that department, meeting more glorious days.” Alvaro had said to me when we were still on the plane, pride filling his statement.

As we made our way out of the airport with our suitcases in hand, we both noticed Carlos sitting on his car, waving his hands at us with a huge smile on his face.