Chapter 5- just like old times

"We'll forgive you on one condition," Candice suggested, crossing her arms against her chest.

"I already don't like the sound of it," I mumbled under my breath and Venson shushed me.

"Anything," he replied back, earning a mean glare from me.

"Okay then, you'll have to come to a dinner with us," Candice replied back and Venson let out a low sigh.

"That's all? We can do that," He replied back and turned to look at me as I was observing Candice and our other friends. "I thought you were gonna ask me to murder Tiffany or something."

"What's the catch?" I asked before Venson could say or agree to anything else.

Candice raised a brow and smirked. "It's a couples only restaurant."

When she replied back, Venson and I looked at each other and stifled a laugh. "We can be each other's partner."

Venson pulled me by my waist, closer to him and I slowly placed my hand on his chest. "Yeah."

Noel smiled and a second later stared at us blankly. "Yeah, no. You both need someone else."

That shocked Venson and I. Someone other than Venson to a dinner with our friends? This just didn't sound right at all.

"Why can't we go with each other," Venson asked, curiously.

Blake chuckled softly and looked at Venson and I. "You guys always go places as friends, not couples who are romantically involved with each other."

"And?" I asked in a duh tone, not understanding what he was trying to say here.

"And it's necessary for you both to look as much couple-y as you can tonight. I am meeting with my grammy after seven long years and she thinks you're both dating. You know how she gets when something doesn't go according to her," Candice explained and my lips formed into an 'O.'

"You should've said something earlier."

"Yeah," I replied back after Venson. "At such short notice, we won't find a date."

They all gave me a are-you-fucking-kidding-us look and I shrugged. "What?"

"Have you looked at yourself in a mirror?" Noel asked and I nodded.

"You don't have to be rude about it," I made a face and he shook his head.

"He doesn't mean it in a bad way. He means that almost the entire school wants a chance at a date with you, even some of the girls. The football team, baseball team, soccer team, and even chess nerds want you. You can go to school and get whomever you want," Emma explained, complimenting me and how people like me.

"Why would I ever want anyone else when I have Bugs?" I scoffed and Venson nodded in return, holding me by my shoulders.

"But, you guys aren't together," Candice called out in frustration.

"You bet we are," Venson intertwined his fingers with mine with a small smile on his bright face.

"I don't mean literally, I mean romantically."

"Why does that matter? It's just one night," I replied back, not understanding their point.

"Yeah, she's right. It's just one night and they love each other anyways, doesn't matter if it's best friend love or romantic," Emma replied back and I nodded along with Venson.

"Your grammy always thought something was going on between Lex and Venson, let's make her think that it actually is until she leaves," Noel suggested, calmly.