chapter 3: the poker night charity event

(y/n) POV

Three weeks passed by faster than I had anticipated. Three weeks five projects completed for my work, one charity event planned. I already had everything ready for the charity event three weeks ago. All I had to do today was make sure everything was in place for tonight.

Today I wore a more professional looking outfit than my regular jeans and a t-shirt. I walked in with a thin binder with all the plans and the layout for the event. I'd be helping Cuddy with getting everything set up. Wilson and House were in Cuddy's office when I walked in to go over the details one last time.

"God, you're dressed like Cuddy," house said when he saw me enter and stand next to Cuddy.

"Good morning to you too Dr. House," I said rolling my eyes.

"(Y/n) you're early. We won't start setting up until after 4 pm," cuddy said as I handed her the binder.

"So you're working with cuddy for this thing too," House raised an eyebrow.

"I was planning the charity event for tonight when I was being Cuddy's temporary assistant. I'll tell you what I told you last time we had a conversation with each other. I'm surprised your boyfriend didn't tell you what I was doing," I smiled teasingly.

"He's not my boyfriend. We aren't a couple," he scowled.

"Oh no I know. I just like getting under people's skins sometimes," I smirked.

"You'll have to do better than that to do any actual damage," Wilson smiled and side glancing House.

"Oh good, because I thought I was actually going to hurt his feelings," I said sarcastically before continuing, "let me know when you're ready Cuddy, I'll be visiting one of Wilson's kids in oncology."

"Try not to hurt yourself on the way over there," House said as I walked to the door.

I turned around and flipped him off and made a funny face. Once that was done I exited the room and spent some time with the cancer kids.

At 3:30 cuddy called me down to the hospital's front entrance to meet with all the rental teams we'd be working with. Six round card playing tables and eight square tables.

We directed them to leave the tables and chairs to a hallway we sectioned off until we could get the lobby cleaned up and patients out.

By 5 we had the lobby clear of people and anything on the lobby desk and nurse station in the clinic.

By 6 we had all the tables and decor in place. The six waiters and food were arriving in 30 minutes. Two state certified bartenders and a crap load of booze were coming with the the catering service. I had cuddy go get ready since the guests would start to arrive at 7.

The waiters arrived early so I guided the caterers around and gave them instructions for the night. Cuddy came back five minutes before the event officially began.

"Everything is in place. Silent auction is set up in one of our arranged stations. Playing cards are on the tables and poker chips exchange is set up in their stations."

"Great. Go ahead and get changed, I'll be greeting sponsors and donors in front until then."

I quickly made my way to Cuddy's office to get my backpack and dress. An hour later I was ready. I made my way to the event my short heels clacking the whole way.

The party was starting to pick up momentum as dozens of guests had arrived. Cuddy was now walking around and greeting donors. The cocktail waiters were going around with drinks and snacks, the bar was fully stocked, people were conversing and enjoying themselves.