His Trust

Amber's Pov:

"Amber?"

...

"Damien?"

I stand there, frozen in place as he takes a few steps toward me, a small smile gracing his lips.

"I knew you would be here." He says shyly, running a hand through his hair as he pushes it away from his eyes.

"You... you were looking for me?" I ask, thrown off by his words.

He nods his head, "Yeah, I never got to really 'thank you' for what you did today, it really means a lot."

"I-... it was no problem! You guys didn't deserve to be suspended from the team for something that wasn't your fault." I try to reason.

In that moment, even if it was lying, it felt like the right thing to do.

I couldn't just stand back and watch as they were being treated unfairly for something they didn't do.

"But thanks again," he pauses, suddenly thinking, "by the way, why didn't you tell me before that your dad was the coach when I helped you move those boxes into the concession stand?" He questions, looking at me at me with questionable eyes.

I look down, "Uh... well, I just," I take a deep breath, "I just was scared that you would be afraid to talk to me, being the 'tough coaches' daughter kinda scares people away, you know?" I sigh, looking back up at him.

It was true.

Liam told me that one kid on his team almost peed his pants when my dad caught him looking at me one time when I went to see a match.

Damien nods his head, "It's okay, I understand," he looks past me and at the paper work that was on the desk, "oh are you filling in today?"

I look back at the papers and nod, "Yeah, I'm filling in for a friend who had to drive their kids to soccer practice."

I grab the papers off the desk, but let out a sigh in all the appointments she had shoved in the short time frame.

"I can help, if you want." Almost like he was sensing my distress, I look up from the papers to see Damien walking closer to stand beside me.

He starts to read the papers in my hands, but because of the position he was in and the way he was standing, I had to keep still as his breath started to tickle my neck.

Don't blush Amber.

Don't blush Amber.

No.

Big.

Deal.

"You-... I-... Are you sure?" I stutter, not being able to think clearly with how close he was to me to read the paper.

"Of course, plus, you helped me out so much today, I owe you." Without warning, he takes the papers from my hands and signals for me to follow behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I get it now." He points at me as I give him a confused look.

He walks up to me and takes the chapstick out of my hands, "The Chapstick Girl?" He snickers, while I nod my head, letting out some sort of small, but embarrassed laugh.

"Yeah about that, it kinda just started, first with a few friends and now people who I barely know."

"To be honest, when I found out, I didn't believe it was because you had it everywhere with you, you must have some seriously dry lips." He starts to laugh, but he stops when he sees me look away from his gaze, looking anywhere but him.