Ch.4 -"I Know You're Gay"

September 20th, 2012

On Sunday I couldn’t think of a plan to get back at Demetrius so I kind of gave up. When Demetrius showed up at my door step today a girl was standing behind him it was weird. I was all like..

“UH…Demetrius, who’s that behind you?”

HE looked behind him and shrugged. “It’s my sister Ariel; she came back from Wales to join us here. She’ll be at our school from now on. She’s in 8th.”

“Hmmm…..”

I had no idea there was an Ariel Henderson in his family. I mean god damn is there anyone else I should know about? She was giving me these strange looks too. Ariel doesn’t look like the Henderson men at all. Demetrius gets his looks from Mr. Daniel. Ariel is just so….different. She has golden blonde hair that’s long and she has weird red eyes like Demetrius but her’s are a lighter red almost pink but not really. IT scares me how red their eyes are…like vampires. Whoa…I’ve been watching too much vampire diaries and twilight. Ariel kept watching me the whole time we were walking in our usual silence. It was creepy, I felt like someone was watching me the whole entire time. Demetrius was just snacking on some cereal like he does every morning. I have to say, I do enjoy the silence Demetrius and I have but it’s just plain creepy with a third wheel behind us watching our every move. Then she started talking to me.

“So, Demetrius didn’t say anything about having a cute friend.”

My eyes widened at her random attempt at making conversation with me.

“You know how he’s gay, right? You should probably stay closer to me so you don’t catch it.”

Demetrius rolled his eyes. “Nice way to be subtle, Ariel.”

“What? I’m just trying to give him a fair warning about you so if he didn’t know and wants to start beating you up I’ll keep his ass.” She smiled. “Just looking out for you.”

“Ariel, I can handle it myself.”

“Most I heard him talk in a single day.” I mumbled to myself.

“Sooo, Tyler, how would you like to catch a movie with me on Saturday night. Just the two of us, alone, together—“

“Ariel. Don’t you think you could wait a little longer before you start to hit on my friends?”

“Bitch please. I’ll do whatever I want with him. You barely know him.”

“You barely know him too! I’ve known him a couple of days longer.”

“So? This is more of a hit and run sort of thing. Even though he does look delicious in those pants of his I still want him.”

“You will do no such thing. He’s my friend and don’t talk to him like he’s a piece of meat like you do all the other boys back home.”

“Ok, Demetrius, but keep your grubby hands off of him or I’ll cut you.” She warned.

“You won’t cut anybody.”

“Wanna bet?”

By this point I was thinking. WHAT THE FUCK IS THE MATTER WITH THIS GIRL?! But then again I could use her as an advantage. Since she thinks I’m cute she can be my cover up to hide my gayness. By the time we got to school their argument quieted down a bit. We walked up to my “friends” and they were all like..

“Damn….who’s that girl with Demetrius?”

I hit every last one of them. “That’s Demetrius’s sister. Don’t even think about it.”

They all simply shrugged which irritated me. The rest of the school day was fairly uneventful.

10:34

Scratch that things were very eventful. I had to mess up the groove of things; I made the mistake of asking Demetrius why he kissed me in front of Ariel who freaked out.  In all honesty I had no idea she was standing right behind us. Shit! If I knew she was standing right there I would have kept my mouth shut. It went like this…

“Demetrius, why did you kiss me?” I asked him while walking home from school.

“Tyler I—“

All you heard was, “WHAT?” from behind. It scared the shit out of me. We turned around and Ariel was standing right looking seriously mad. “WHY WOULD YOU KISS TYLER?!?!”

I was about to cover her mouth but Demetrius did it for me.

“Ariel if I let go of you promise you won’t scream that. I’ll tell you what happened.”

She nodded and he let go.

So the whole walk home, instead of silence, was Demetrius explaining to Ariel that we had kissed and why he did it. That answered my question completely and made me angry. All he said was ‘I felt like it’ which I didn’t think was real until he gave me a cold, hard stare. Scary as fuck. So instead of doing my homework in my nice, peaceful home I had Demetrius and Ariel pestering me. Mostly Ariel, Demetrius was playing video games. When they went home I was at peace but not before Ariel whispered to me…

“I know you’re gay.”

She winked  at me then left. Well, damn. After all this time trying to hide my sexual orientation some random girl pops up in my life and says she knows I’m gay. That’s just not cool. So now I have to deal with Ariel knowing I’m gay, my attraction to Demetrius, and this stack of homework I still haven’t done….Life just sucks for me that way. Wait! ATTRACTION FOR DEMETRIUS!!!