Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter 25

For a revelation as intense as that, the rest of the day was relatively normal. I finished the rest of my classes, went straight to work and had a regular average day. That was until I came home and per usual my life got twist turned upside down.

I was in the midst of organizing the mail and walking to my room ready for a warm shower and some mild relaxation. I'd take what I can get.

I stopped dead in my tracks when the door looked off. My lock was broken, someone went into my room. The lock hung off the door limply in a feeble attempt to continue its job. I knew things could only get worse from there.

A rock formed in the bottom of my stomach in the moments leading up to the opening of the door. I wish this wasn't real, I wish this wasn't reality and just a bad dream I can't get out of.

I shakily turn the doorknob anxious to see the damage that awaits.

The room was even worse than I could have imagined. It was completely trashed and that's not an exaggeration.

The shabby curtains I brought in middle school from the thrift store were torn to shreds, and the rod was slanted. Everything on the wobbly nightstand I found on the side of the road was knocked onto the floor, it's contents spilling out.

My pillows and beddings were also ripped with various colored stains on them, most likely paint. The mirror in my room has lipstick written all over it reading "Lying Bitch".

My heart rate pulsed. This can't be happening, this isn't real I try to convince myself looking around in horror.

My belongings were smashed and the only place I felt safe was demolished around me. I sunk to my knees and fully take in the damage. They broke into my room, breaking my lock and invading the only privacy I had in my life.

Nowhere is safe for me anymore, there is no sanctuary or place where their reign is untouched.

I scour through the remnants, my foot accidentally kicking a small round object. I lean down and find the snowglobe my father gave me smashed to pieces. I picked it up, carelessly cutting myself on the shattered glass.

I drop the rest of the snow globe in shock, gasping as blood trickled down my finger. It was a cold bucket of reality washing over me.

This was real, this happened. There was no denying it anymore, no more pretending it couldn't be. The blood leaking from my hand was a painful reminder of the fact.

My mind was numb and couldn't comprehend that they did this.

They ruined one of the only things I had left from my dad. The picture that once sat inside my favorite snowglobe was torn, stained and ruined.

All of my memories of my father have slowly diminished over the years because of them. Besides this what else do I have?

The door to my closet was wide open and I stood up to survey the damage. I hid my dress from the party in there.

My clothes were stained and thrown on the ground. I shuffled through the hangers and fallen items to get to the back in a frenzy. The dress has to be in there.

The back of the closet was empty. I shuffled through it again and again but came empty handed.

Fuck!

I sunk to my knees in the middle of the debris of my former room. There was too much happening, too many events to process all at once, my head was killing me.

And as if the day couldn't get any worse, I heard their loud obnoxious laughter getting closer. They stopped in front of my door making a big show of whispering loudly enough for me to hear.

"Look at how pathetic she is."

"She's on the floor like such a loser."

"What a lousy bitch."

Something in me snapped like a rubber band. I became undone and the rage that has been building up inside of be for all these years finally boiled over. I couldn't contain it anymore, nor did I want to.

"Fuck you!" They turned their heads so fast I hoped they got whiplash.

"What did you say to me?" Emma asked incredulously.

"You fucking heard me." I stood up for myself. "You had no fucking right to come into my room and do all of this for no reason other than to make my life miserable. All I do is slave away for you and your stupid lazy ass family and I owe you nothing!" I screamed.

"You're the pathetic ones who have nothing better to do with your lives than to destroy mine for the heck of it and I'm sick of it. I'm sick of all of you!" My hand itched to throw something across the room.

My unhinged anger craved violence, and if any of them came near me I don't think I would have held back.

Emma and Harper look me dead in the eye while Sophia cowered behind them.

"You are a pathetic piece of trash and you should be lucky that we haven't thrown you on the street by now." Harper sneered.

"None of us want you here in the first place. You were the one to make things difficult so we're just exacting our revenge." Emma replies with a wicked smirk on her face.

"What have I ever done to you?" I scoffed.

Sophia pushes past her older sisters and bitterly says, "You're the reason none of us have a mother. She didn't love you and walked out on everyone because you were such a brat."

"The truth stings doesn't it." Sophia added with a glare.

"Besides, we know you're secret." It could honestly be anything at this point, they know too much.

"You were at Derric's party." Emma stepped closer to me and with her few inches from her heels I was forced to tilt my head up to meet her gaze.

"I don't know how you could afford that dress or whose invitation you stole but you're never going to be with Derric." Emma smiles before continuing.

"And you're never going to be happy."

"Before we forget, we know you're friends with that Edmon guy. We heard you talking in the staircase because you're stupider than you realize." Harper is giddy over revealing this fact.

"Now that we have you under our thumb we're going to destroy you, or let you watch on as we destroy the lives of your friend. It's simple Adira, you're ass belongs to us." Emma finishes off with a push to my shoulders sending my tumbling down to their level.

Emma and Harper walk out cackling while Sophia lingers behind. "When are you going to realize people are never going to love you Adira?" The words were said with a sneer to add insult to injury.

I say nothing and let my gaze drop to the floor.

"Glad you know your place in the world."

She walks out and slams the door behind her. I take the broken snow globe and hurl it against the wall in frustration. It shatters even more, no longer recognizable.

Hot tears sprung to my face as I collapsed on the floor once more.

There was no way out and like the fragments of my childhood I was truly broken.