46 |1| Unravel

Wooyoung looks at the fresh produce sold at the market as his stomach grumbles, begging to be filled. But as he tugs onto his horse, he knows that both of them do not have the luxury to eat. They have to save money to at least be able to last a day here and they might even have to sleep on the streets. Wooyoung did suggest for them to just forget about their plan and return to Nyla as soon as they can, but Seonghwa stopped him, saying that they could at least look around for one day. He was a bit reluctant at first because he was scared and lost, but he agreed as he reassures to himself that everything is going to be fine as long as the two are together. As they pass from the entrance to the last stall at the market, they have encountered various products sold and sellers trying to get their attention. They only pass without approaching any of the stalls, their minds busy trying to carefully construct their next move.

"Isn't that the girl? Suria?" Seonghwa points to a robed figure who is busy picking out apples. She takes at least a dozen of them and puts them away in a basket. She pays for them, all the while still keeping her face hidden.

"It could be someone else- ah, it's really her," Wooyoung says as she turns around. When she does, they make eye contact, and there is a minute change in her expression, as if she is genuinely surprised to see them up and about so fast. She takes a few seconds to decide whether she's only going to walk away or walk towards them; she chooses the latter as she advances towards them, hugging the paper bag containing the apples to her chest.

"How are both of you feeling? Did Ray treat you well?" as she is asking, her hand grabs two apples and offers them, to which the two delightfully accept. "They're fresh."

"He did, but he could tone down on his sharing sessions. Gave us all this information we didn't need," Wooyoung replies. "We're grateful that you are there to help us and I'm genuinely sorry we didn't really start on good terms."

Suria chuckles. "What did he tell you? His adventure to Fyrae? Or how he was almost killed by a tiger on the way there?"

"Nothing special," Seonghwa quickly cuts Wooyoung off, who is about to reply her again. The older signals to him quietly with him eyes, telling him that it's no use repeating what he had said. "Anyway, we came here to Estar because we were looking for someone. Well, two people. Since we don't have enough money with us, we can't stay here for long. We were wondering if you know these two people, Min Garam and Min Haneul."

Even with the hood concealing part of her face, they can see her face turning grim. "Where did you hear those names?" She hugs the paper bag close to her chest, as if trying to shield whatever she's keeping from coming out.

They notice the change in her manner, and Seonghwa frowns when he picks up on it. "Is something wrong?"

"Who are they to you and why are you trying to find them?" she replies his question with another of her own.

Wooyoung is starting to get impatient from the dilly-dallying that he finds himself gritting his teeth and replying, almost too hard, "We just need to know where they are. We need to find them."

"I don't know," she answers honestly. "I don't know who they are."

Wooyoung narrows his eyes, "But you sounded taken aback when he mentioned the names, so you must have known something."

She sighs. "I don't know them personally. It's only a story that I don't even know whether it's a legend or a true one, but I have only heard the names from that story."

"Story?"

"Let's talk over some food and you can decide whether you want to believe me or not. I know both of you are starving."