Ch.15 -The Tale Of True Love-

November 30th, 2012

So I decided to go home today with my backup as Ariel and Demetrius so I wouldn’t get yelled at for doing nothing by Mom but surprisingly I didn’t get yelled at. Instead Ariel was thanked for telling Aunt Charlotte because she was clueless. So I didn’t get in trouble for that but instead I got in trouble for not making my bed which is a load of bullshit but life is like that sometimes.

I believe today was a fairly good and normal day of hanging out with my friends and nothing too big happened except when Ariel wanted to do my hair and Mr. Danny kind of had a talk with me about my gayness. I really listened to him. I was sitting under Ariel’s hairdryer because she had to go to the store to get “things” for my hair along with Demetrius so Mr. Danny and I were the only ones there in the house when he said he wanted to talk to me.

“Tyler…”he said, for the first time I noticed he didn’t have a British accent like the rest but more American or something.

I looked up at him and slightly smiled, “Yes?”

“Can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Uh, sure, what is it?”

“It’s about you being, you know, gay. I know you don’t want to admit it but we all know in the household except for Demetrius; it’s had coming out to people –believe me I know- but you just have to do it around the type of people you put your trust into. I don’t know if you’ve told you’re parents or not but I’m sure they’ll accept you either way. Coming out to your friends will be difficult because you have no idea what they’ll say. I know when I first came out of the closet to everyone it was terrible, I was about  16 and I lived in western Mississippi but we were away at Wales for the summer. My parents were very religious and I didn’t have many friends but I told the few that I had. I knew what would happen if I told them if I was gay but I gave it a chance because I wanted my parents to know I was gay and proud. During that summer that we stayed at Wales I had met a boy named Alex.” I smiled crossed his face. “He was absolutely gorgeous; cheery, bright, and very friendly. We had become friends quickly then I started to fall for his charm. I remember one day I told Alex I was gay and I expected him to hit me but he gave me a hug instead saying he knew all along. We started secretly dating and when I told him about my parents he said we could run away together if they didn’t accept me and never look back because his love was all I needed. And that’s what we did because they didn’t accept me. I loved him and he loved me.” He looked at his wedding ring. “That’s the man I married and still love to this day. If my family never took that trip to Wales then I would never have known such a wonderful man, my husband. What I’m saying is that you have to have people who will be there for you. That’s all that matters. Do you understand?”

I nodded letting tears out at the wonderful speech he just gave me.

He laughed to himself. “Tyler, don’t cry. It wasn’t that sad.”

Just then Mr. Alex and Ariel came into the room. I was still crying because I was so happy for them!! Mr. Alex and Ariel gasped at the sight of me. “Danny, what did you do?”

Ariel knelt next to me, “Dad, you broke him.”

HE shrugged. “All I did was talk to him about some stuff and then he started crying. I don’tknow.”

Mr. Alex narrowed his eyes at him. “What do you mean stuff?”

“Nothing I just gave him a speech.”

“Nuh uh, he can’t cry from just a speech, Daniel Xavier Henderson.”

“Yuh huh, he can cry from a speech, Alexander Nicholas Henderson.” He mimicked.

Mr. Alex stuck his tongue out at him but Mr. Danny brought him in for a kiss. You could see the love in their eyes when they kiss eachother.

It was so magical until Ariel kicked them out of her room. I want a relationship like that…they were like Romeo and Juliet –no—they were like Lily and Marshall from How I Met Your Mother. That’s the best relationship to have. I’m actually glad we had the talk. They’ve got me thinking…Hm….