020. More Disney and Tears

-----♕-----

-----♕-----

GEMINI SHOT UP quickly from her sleep hyperventilating. She hated the nightmare memory she had just been reminded of in her sleep. One of the memories that haunted her the most in life. The one that plagued her mind, causing more than one of her mental issues. She wiped the sweat from her brow along with the tears that had escaped her eyes. One of her most torturous memories that reminded her so much of what she wanted to forget, but she never could. Every year, the same nightmare.

She walked out of her room with her hair out everywhere, covering her face too. She wore a pair of jeans, a NASA t-shirt with a pair of sneakers. She wore a different accessory around her neck. Her brother had found the necklace when he was rooting through old boxes and gave it to the young woman, knowing her love for the necklace that once belonged to their mother. 

Not many looked up when she entered, or when Tony entered for that matter. They were all too entranced by what they were doing, whether that be eating or watching TV. Suddenly Tony slammed a box down on the table, startling everyone, including Gemini. He apologised quickly to her, her response being a shrug.

"Alright, listen up idiots. Beside Vision who can learn from the internet, get one of these." He instructed. Wanda looked at the book she picked up in confusion. Gemini had turned her attention away, grabbing the cereal.

"A book about sign language?" She pondered aloud, drawing Gemini's attention back.

Tony pointed towards the bushy haired girl. "I know that I for one am sick of having to translate what Gemini's saying when she signs. I also can tell, that Gemini's getting pissed off with having to whip her phone out every three minutes, so either learn or suffer. Those are your choices. I suggest the latter." He explained as Gemini sat herself between Bruce and Bucky. 

Bruce already had opened the book and began to learn. Bucky stared at the cover before quickly flipping the pages, like a fan. Gemini smiled at his reaction towards the book and she opened the first page she could find. It was the alphabet.

"Start with this, it's probably the easiest." She explained, pointing to it so he could understand. He thanked her before beginning to read.

"How long is this gonna take exactly?" Sam asked, like a small whiny child.

Gemini shrugged. "That depends Sam. Are you a fast or slow learner?" Tony questioned him.

"Slow." Bucky replied for Sam earning a laugh from Gemini. Sam looked around to make sure there were no children before gesturing to him with one finger. "Don't need sign language to understand that." Bucky admitted, smirking slightly at his own remark.

The reactions towards reading were very similar. Many complaints. There were only a handful that weren't, those were Wanda, Bruce, Steve and Bucky. Gemini rolled her eyes at the selfishness as they continued to complain.