Deeper Thoughts

Hitoshi finally came back to [Y/N], holding a mug filled of warm tea. He gave it to her and sat down beside her on the couch. She thanked him and took a sip of the tea. It tasted delicious and it instantly warmed up her entire body. "This taste really good," she commented.

     Hitoshi grinned. "Wow, seriously? I'm flattered," he said.

     She nodded and continued to drink the cup. Then silence fell between the two of them before a question suddenly popped up in her mind. "I never see your parents around. Do they both work all day or something?" she asked him.

     His smile dropped and he looked down at the floor nervously. "Well actually....I live alone," he answered. She widened her eyes. Only in high school and he was already living alone? "My....parents kicked me out of the house when I was in seventh grade."

     "You were living alone since you were in seventh grade?" she gasped, feeling flabbergasted. "But you're so nice and a really good student. Why would you get kicked out for?"

     "Believe it or not, I was kind of a troublesome student in middle school," he said with a dry laugh. She noticed how angry and sad he now looked and regretted to ever bring his parents up. If only she knew. "My parents literally own a huge company of their own and they're one of those people who are hella impatient. They got tired of my antics and bought this small house for me to live in. But since I was still so young, they hired a nanny."

     "The nanny still lives here?" she questioned. Since she had already brought this seemingly deep subject, she couldn't help but continue to be curious.

     Hitoshi's warm, brown eyes darkened a shade. "That nanny was abusive. Everyday she'd hurt and beat the shit out of me. My parents didn't know about it, but even if they did, I doubt they'd even care," he explained. "Once I was in high school, I finally had the courage to fire that horrible lady. She was furious and tried to fight back, but I had grown stronger over the years so I was able to force her out of the damn house. So yeah....that's about it."

     I blinked at him, feeling unsure of what to do or what to say. It was obvious that this was still a sensitive topic for him to talk about, noting the fact of his distressed face and his clenched hands. She felt the need to go and comfort him, but she didn't know how. She had never comforted anyone before and to be in this situation was slightly panicking for her. So it was decided for her to follow what her heart says.

     "I-I'm so s-sorry," she apologized softly. Even through all the pain of practically visiting his memories, he still gave her a small smile. "I shouldn't have brought your parents up. Do you....do you need a hug?"

     He silently nodded his head and his purple bangs fell onto his eyes. She hurriedly scooted closer to him and hesitantly wrapped her arms around him. He laid his head on her shoulder and her heart thumped. Just like a few days ago, he was so close to her. She could smell the shampoo—the same shampoo that she used in his hair. It probably smelled way more wonderful on him than it did for her. But she liked that they used the same brand and flavor. It made them have more things in common.

     "You shouldn't have forced yourself to tell me all those things if it was so hard for you. Why'd you do it?" she muttered.

     "Because you deserve to know it. You deserve to know everything about me if you wanted to know. I would tell you any secret of mine if it were to make you happy," he responded in a muffled voice. "After all, telling you all this just helps lift this heavy burden from my chest. It also makes us closer, doesn't it?"

     It truly did make her feel closer to him. She liked it a lot that Hitoshi had trusted her enough to tell her some things of his private life. It made her want to do the same.