seven ; harry's godfather

————————————

————————————

Aurora Areli

MADAM POMFREY WOULDN'T LET Harry out of the hospital wing for the rest of the weekend. She almost made me stay as well, but I assured her that my arm was feeling better already (which was true) and that there was no reason for me not to go back to Gryffindor Tower. Harry had a funny look on his face when Madam Pomfrey finally complied, almost like he wanted to argue, but it was probably just my imagination.

I might as well have stayed, though, because Ron, Hermione and I only left Harry's bedside at night. He had a whole stream of other visitors too. Hagrid sent Harry a bouquet of yellow cabbages and a blushing Ginny — who went wide-eyed when she saw that I was there — turned up with a homemade "get well" card that sang shrilly unless Harry put something heavy on top of it. The Gryffindor team visited on Sunday morning, this time accompanied by Oliver, who told Harry, in a hollow, dead sort of voice, that he didn't blame him in the slightest.

I could tell something was bothering Harry more than he let on, but I decided not to push it. I figured he would talk about it when he was ready.

Hopefully.

On Monday morning, we were greeted with the sight of Draco Malfoy, after having had his cast removed, beside himself with glee at Gryffindor's defeat. He celebrated by doing spirited imitations of Harry falling off his broom. In Potions, he spent much of the class doing Dementor imitations across the dungeon. Ron finally cracked and flung a large, slippery crocodile heart at Malfoy. It hit him in the head and caused Snape to deduct fifty points from Gryffindor, but it seemed like most people thought it was worth it.

"If Snape's taking Defence Against the Dark Arts again, I'm going off sick," Ron said, as we headed to Uncle Remus' classroom after lunch. "Check who's in there, Hermione."

Hermione peered around the classroom door.

"It's okay!"

Uncle Remus was back at work, looking sicker than ever. His old robes were hanging loosely on him and there were dark shadows beneath his eyes, but nevertheless, he smiled at all of us as we took our seats. Then, everyone burst out in complaints about Snape's behavior while Uncle Remus had been ill.

"It's not fair, he was only filling in, who should he set us homework?"

"We don't know anything about werewolves —"

"— two rolls of parchment!"

"Did you tell Professor Snape we haven't covered them yet?" Uncle Remus asked, frowning slightly.

The babble broke out again.

"Ye, but he said we were really behind —"

"— he wouldn't listen —"