36 - mssgs

ava
hi:)

ruel
hi baby

ruel
you said you were nervous?

ava
maybe...

ruel
i told you there's no need to be
nervous. i'll be right there with you

ava
i know...i can't help it

ruel
want me to come over? or i can come
pick you up and we'll go somewhere

ava
yes please

ava
let's go somewhere

ruel
be there in five<3

[]

When Ruel steps out of his car to greet me, I immediately wrap my arms around his waist and nuzzle my face into his chest.

He kisses the top of my head and tightens his arms around me. "Where to hun?"

I just shrug and close my eyes.

His smell is so relaxing.  
I could honestly stay in this position all day.

Ruel cups each side of my face and pulls me back so he can look down at me. "You okay?"

I nod and pucker up my lips, motioning for a kiss. He chuckles and leans down to place his lips on mine. My whole body relaxes and I feel my nerves from earlier melt away. We continue for a couple more seconds before pulling back.

I realize I haven't said anything yet.

"I missed you." I grin up at him.

Ruel smiles and pulls me into his arms again. "I missed you more."

"Let's go to Denny's." I suggest once we're in his car. Ruel agrees since we're both obsessed with it so that's where we go.

The person at the door brings us to a booth that's luckily in the corner so we have more privacy. We sit across from each other and don't even glance at the menus since we already know our order. 

"So." Ruel starts, leaning forward. "That Bryce guy is pretty persistent, huh?"

My eyes widen and I nod. "Very. When are you gonna fight him?"

He raises an eyebrow. "You want me to? I can."

I giggle. "No, i'm kidding. Please don't. We don't need any more drama in our lives right now."

Ruel frowns. "Is he still not talking to you?" I play with the straw wrapper that's in my hand and shake my head. He grabs my hand and traces the lines on my palm. "I'm sorry." He whispers.

Now it's my turn to frown. "What? You didn't do anything. Alex is just being dramatic."

He sighs. "I know, but if I didn't catch feelings then none of this-"

I cut him off. "Ruel, you're not the only one who caught feelings, I did too. In no way is this your fault, okay?"

He slowly nods and a smile appears on his face. "You're amazing, you know that? Alex is crazy for letting something as stupid as this ruin your relationship."

I grin. "I could say the same to you."

Ruel kisses the top of my hand before suddenly turning serious. "About the show, why are you still so nervous?"

I bite my lip for a second before speaking. "You already know why."

He shakes his head. "I know, but we've been working on this song for weeks. You're going to do perfect, trust me."

I pout. "Don't jinx it."

Ruel chuckles. "Baby i'm not, i'm being honest. You're gonna do amazing." He says softly.

I take a deep breath. "Okay."

"Wanna share a milkshake?"