Chapter 23 - Nate

"You warm enough, little man?"

I pull his wool hat down to cover his ears against the slight breeze. Summer is starting to come to an end and in a few weeks it'll be fall. I make sure the built-in mittens of his onesie are covering his hands and wrap my arms around him as I walk. Delilah likes taking the stroller when they go for walks but I prefer the carry-on. It's just easier to strap Zack up to my chest. He seems to like it too—always peering up at my face with eyes that are just like Del's. He does that now and I lean down to nuzzle his nose with my own. His little hands grab my face to hold me in place and I can't help but laugh.

"I got to see where I'm going, dude." I tell him and pull away with more effort than I was prepared for. The kid sure has a firm grip.

His tiny legs swing in the air as I walk down the trail of the park. Kids are screaming and running and playing on the climbers, their mothers looking on from the benches. Some of them blatantly stare at me as I pass, eyes wide and mouths parted. I feel the urge to snicker. Is is that rare to see a guy with a baby? I guess we do look kind of funny. Zack is so much smaller compared to me and my one hand alone easily spans over his entire back as I hold him to me. Plus, he's cute as fuck so I don't blame their gawking. He's the most goddamn adorable baby I've ever seen and I actually fucking melt every time he smiles at me. I would burn the world down for this kid.

I pass a bench of elderly women who are gaping at me openly. Amused as hell, I toss a wink their way as I pass them and they all giggle shyly as they wave. I lift up Zack's hand and make him wave back before calling out, "Have a good one, ladies."

More giggling and hushed whispers meet my back. If I've learned anything from being out in public with Zack it's that women go stupid when they see men with babies. They get this dazed look on their face as if they're imagining making more babies with you. Delilah gets that look on her face sometimes too, especially when I'm doing skin-to-skin with the little man.

I smile at the thought of her. It's been two weeks since that kiss and...fuck. It was better than all the times I'd imagined and I imagined plenty over the last two years. Finally feeling her lips on mine, swallowing her soft gasps and moans, running my hands over her squirming body beneath me made me lose my goddamn mind. And the way she responded to me? There was no holding back on her end as she arched into my touch or kissed me back roughly or completely trusted me having my way with her. And since that night I've been stealing more kisses and touches whenever I can. I haven't been able to spend another night because of how busy I'm getting with training and Zack's been fussy the past few nights because of his acid reflux but whenever I see her I make sure I kiss the hell out of her. And she lets me. Every time.

We haven't exactly put a label on what's happening with us and we're not outwardly telling other people but I'm fine with that. We're figuring it out as we go and I like having her to myself in our own little bubble we've been living in. I'm just glad I don't have to hold back every time I see her anymore. Well, mostly. Our physical touches were limited because of her post-birth healing but she was officially cleared yesterday by her doctor and I plan to make good use now that those boundaries are suddenly lifted. I meant it when I told her I couldn't wait to taste her. Knowing I'll be the first guy to do that to her, the only guy to ever do that to her, makes me feel primal as fuck. There's a whole lot of things I plan on teaching her about pleasure. Thoroughly. And it's no secret Delilah is an eager student.

My phone buzzes in my back pocket and I take it out, my heart doing a weird series of flips and jerks in my chest when I see Delilah sent a text.

"Dude." I tell Zack with a groan. He blinks at me. "I'm so whipped for your Mom."

He babbles in response and if I didn't know any better, the little man actually looks kind of sympathetic. He's probably used to my sulking by now.