CAPUT QUINDECIM

AN: This chapter contains distressing scenes, please be aware of this prior to reading. I'm also so sorry for the late update!

Jungkook had a grin on his face the next morning from the second he opened his eyes and saw the female cuddled into his side, to the moment he realised something that ate away at his heart like a parasite. "Namjoon, what do I do?" He asked quietly down the phone as to not disturb the woman that was still asleep in his bed, although he was downstairs in the living room which meant that even if he was to talk at his normal volume she probably wouldn't be disturbed.

"You should've realised this the moment you started falling for her. She's an immortal being, she'll last for decades and possibly even worlds longer than you or I will." Namjoon spoke to the younger boy comfortingly. "You're both in love and there's no denying that... But you're a human who will only live for a fraction of her life."

"I don't mind that, I just don't want her to be upset when she cannot see me anymore."

"Who said you're gonna avoid hell anyway?" Yoongi yelled, and Jungkook sighed softly. 

"He has a point." Namjoon spoke quietly. "Anyway, I'll have to go for a while as I have to go somewhere today... Keep strong and follow what your heart says."

"Okay... Thank you Namjoon." Jungkook sighed and hung up, he jumped when he felt two arms wrap around his middle and he smiled when he realised who it was. He felt her rise up against his back so she could rest her chin on his shoulder and Jungkook's smile just grew larger.

"You seem upset, what's wrong Jungkook?" Lucy asked, looking up at him. He tilted his head to gently rest on hers.

"Nothing's wrong, don't worry." He lied, but hoped she wouldn't see through the lie. That would be all he needed right now-

"If you're sure." She let go and came to face him. "Can we go out today? The weather is really nice!"

"Of course." He smiled. "Do you want to go get ready?"

"You're so kind letting me use the bathroom first~" She teased gently, rising on her tiptoes once more and kissing his cheek. "I'll be as quick as I can."

She quickly left him as silently as she had came to him, and he sighed once she was out of earshot. He loved her, that much was true, but he was terrified that she loved him back to the extent that he loved her because if that was the case? She would be heartbroken when his life unavoidably came to an end.

He ran a hand through his slightly slick hair and sat on the sofa, whilst she was showering and Namjoon and Yoongi were out doing whatever business called - he was left alone with his thoughts again, and that only made his heart ache more.

Within the next few hours, they were both out enjoying the sun in the park, Jungkook rested back against his arms whilst Lucy rested her head in his lap and basked in the sun almost as if she was a cat. "It's nothing compared to the heat I'm used to..." She spoke softly. "But it's oh-so nice."

"I can imagine." He smiled and looked down at her, how her sun hat was tipped slightly to cover her eyes, how her lips were tugged up in a smile as she rested there against him and his heart ache came back. But he didn't know why, it's not like today was the day he was going to die. It's not like he didn't have at least another twenty years as long as no freak accident happened to him - he was okay and he was healthy. 

"Can we go get ice creams?" Lucy asked, raising a hand lazily to push the sun hat out of her eyes to look at him and he nodded and with that Lucy sat up, packing up her little bag and filling it with the picnic blanket and the tupperware that she had brought snacks in before standing up and joining arms with Jungkook as they began their walk to the ice cream parlor across the street.