viii

Chapter Eight: Cupid's Love Life

It was safe to say that by Monday afternoon, Jeongguk was bitter.

      He had avoided Taehyung the entire day, which frankly, had been easier than he had expected, which ended up making him feel even worse. He started to feel that their friendship wouldn't even exist if he wasn't the one seeking Taehyung out. That Taehyung didn't need him as a friend, he had enough friends.

      Jeongguk didn't need him either. He had Jimin. He could spend his entire life, sitting as they were doing now, on the rocks, talking. The rocks were their usual hangout, a collection of statues taking the shape of various forms of animals. Jeongguk, for one, was sitting on a hippo's butt while Jimin lay comfortably on an elephant's trunk, a few feet away from him.

      Jeongguk wasn't the only one who had had an eventful weekend. Jimin had dyed his hair. Again. He did it a lot. His natural hair-colour was a dark brown but it had been a while since Jeongguk had actually seen that colour on top of Jimin's head. Right now, it was a dirty blonde, a colour which, in Jeongguk's humble opinion, made his friendly look really fucking hot. If the school didn't have a policy against unnatural hair colours, he would probably see blues and pinks more often. That only happened during the summer.

      The school day was over, but as they were going their separate ways (Jimin wasn't going home, he had a shift at the coffee-shop) they had decided to drink in the afternoon sun and talk for a bit.

      Jimin was telling him in detail, what had happened at the party, as he had been too tired and tipsy when they'd driven home and they hadn't met up during the weekend.

      There wasn't a lot to tell. But that didn't mean Jimin didn't go into an immense amount of detail.

      "We just talked," he said. "About everything. You know, he wants to be a musician. He plays the piano, I mean, I could tell, he has those slender piano fingers."

      Jimin stopped talking for a moment, staring up into the sky with dreamy eyes.

      Fingers, Jeongguk thought. He is thinking about his fingers.

      "He raps and he makes his own songs and he said he would show me one day, maybe. He's so cool. You know, he grew up in Daegu, like Tae, but he moved here for university. He's studying performing arts, but I doubt he needs it, he's already such a good performer."

      "Have you even seen him perform?"

      "Err––no. But I can tell. He's confident. And hot, have I mentioned how hot he is?"

      "A few times already." Jeongguk laughed.

      Jimin kept going. "We stayed on the couch and talked for a bit, but then the music got too loud so we decided to move, so we went into the kitchen, it was empty. And that's when the conversation got deep, I mean what was I expecting though, we were in the kitchen. And at one time, I was sitting on top of the kitchen counter––like this, see?"