026

CHRISTMAS is right around the corner and I have never been so excited for something. Like, ever.

Christmas has always been big with the Starks, hell, it's big with all of the Avengers. We make a day out of decorating the tree on the big party floor. New decor every year, complete with colourful tinsel and personalised baubles.

This year is no different, Nat and I have been in the kitchen baking Christmas cookies and brewing hot chocolate for everyone. And, like every year, Steve stays questioning the tradition.

"It's barely November,"

I take a big bite out of a gingerbread cookie, fresh out of the oven, before wrinkling my nose up at him. "And?"

"We are well into November, Steven," Natasha turns the corner and aggressively puts a Santa hat on Steve's head.

"It's the 10th!"

"I don't see why you hate this so much, Cap," I pout, jumping from the kitchen island with a cookie in my hand, already holding it up to Steve's face. "Try a cookie?"

Steve hesitantly takes the cookie from my hand and takes an eager bite. He had been waiting for me to offer.

"What's going on here?" Bucky's face is glistening with sweat as he exits the elevator, walking towards me.

"Christmas!"

"Isn't for another month," Bucky adds on to my sentence and I give him a look. A look that he ignores as he leans down to take a bite out of the cookie I was holding.

"Steve hasn't influenced you, has he?" I look up at Bucky before sending a glare to Steve, who stays grinning like a child.

This is Bucky's first real Christmas in the tower. Last year's doesn't count, he was still going through intense rehabilitation and wasn't ready to move into the tower just yet.

I remember the first time I saw him – during Christmas lunch when he showed up with Steve.

He looked so incredibly tired that day.

I look up at Bucky now, a cheeky grin plastered over his face as he chews up the last of my cookie before pressing a sweet kiss to my forehead.

"No, never," Bucky reassures me and I grin up at him as Steve scoffs loud from behind us in search of a reaction.

"C'mon, help me bring this to everyone upstairs," I bump my hip to his and hand him a large tray of hot chocolates. He's steady enough to keep every last drop in each mug. I don't trust myself enough to say the same.

I follow behind him with a big tray of Christmas assortments – cookies, bite size brownie pieces and pretzels. I bid Steve and Nat on our floor farewell, but not without sending Steve a playful glare as the elevator door closes in front of us.

"I remember seeing you last Christmas," Bucky turns to me with a shy smile.

"Yeah?" I urge him to continue, threading my fingers through his.

"To be honest, your energy freaked me out," he chuckles.

"I think it still does," I add with a large grin growing on my face as Bucky's eyes narrow at my joke while we exit the elevator.

We're greeted by the rest of the Avengers and Co, Aunt May and Clint's family included.

I quickly pull my hand out of Bucky's to walk the food over to the grand dining table, before wandering around saying hi to people and offering cups of hot chocolate.