thirteen

"Where's James?" Was the first thing she questioned to the three boys when she noticed one of them missing.

"He caught a cold, I think. Won't get out of bed and he's been whining the entire morning." Sirius sighed exasperatedly, plopping into the seat next to her.

"Well, have you gave him a pepper up potion?" Lyra frowned.

"Said he didn't need it. Besides, he doesn't want to go to the Hospital Wing. We told him we would get it, but he insisted that he was fine, and that he just needed some rest." Remus explained.

"Well, I'll check up on him then." Lyra sighed, gathering all her things inside her bag, and walking out of the Great Hall.

"We've been here not even five minutes and she decides to ditch us?" Sirius grumbled, which caused the other two boys to laugh.

However, Lyra's motherly instincts kicked in and she became extremely worried for him. She quickened her pace to the Gryffindor common room, and said the password to the Fat Lady. She then headed towards the boys' dorms, and opened the door. When she entered the dorm, it was surprisingly neat and clean.

She noticed a figure bundled up in a blanket, shivering once in a while. She smiled softly, before walking towards the figure slowly. Taking a seat on the side of the bed, she slowly pulled the covers and saw James' red nose and pouty lips.

"Are you feeling alright?" She laughed lightly at the adorable sight.

"I'm fine." James said, before sending a goofy smile at her, but fell into a coughing fit miserably.

Lyra chuckled softly, before grabbing her bag and pulling out a pepper up potion, and urged for him to drink it.

"No, I don't need it. Tired 's all." James stubbornly refused.

"James." Lyra said sternly, this caused the boy to quickly grab the potion and drink it, before letting out a content sigh.

"Thank you." He mumbled sleepily, the effects of the potion taking action quickly.

"Get some rest, Jay." Lyra smiled at the boy, using her hands to comb through his ridiculously messy hair.

James closed his eyes in content, loving the feeling of her hands. Right before he fell into a deep slumber, he felt the girl press a soft kiss on his forehead, which promptly cause him to smile unconsciously.

----

When James Potter woke up, he was not alone. Because, surprisingly, he was cuddling into someone. When he looked up at the person, he saw Lyra sitting on his bed, her legs stretched out, and him cuddling into her waist. She had one hand on a book, and the other still playing with his hair. 

She hummed softly, and when she noticed that he woke up, she sent a warm smile down at him, which for some reason caused his stomach to do flips.

"Hi." He grinned toothily up at her.

"Hey. Are you feeling any better?" She questioned softly, 

"Much better." He replied, snuggling closer to her side and closing his eyes once more.

"You skipped lunch, so I told the house elves to bring you some." She told him, pointing towards the tray of food on his bedside.

"Thank you." He mumbled.

"Go take a shower, and eat. I'll review over our lessons today." She told him, slowly pulling away from  his tight grip.

"Five more minutes." James whined.

Lyra simply sighed, but made no other effort to move, and instead stayed in her position.

After reviewing the day's lessons that he missed, the pair fell into a casual conversation, talking about random things, until the conversation directed towards family.