•18•

"Why did you do that, Ryder? I thought you were different" I heard him whisper but loud enough for me to hear and my body immediately tensed.

  I was back turned against him. Fear of what he now thought of me daring me face him. I didn't get a single minute of sleep last night, I felt too horrible to.

Seconds later, I heard light shuffling, followed by footsteps and then, the bathroom door closed. I slowly turned over, peering at the empty bed. Without warning, the alarm clock buzzed, startling me.

I jumped off the bed and landed painfully on my rear with a groan. I reached for the device and turned it off. I got up, my eyes bleary and my limbs weak, I was exhausted. I sighed, going over to the wardrobe and getting my clothes ready.

With my clothes on the bed, I took off my shirt and pants. Suddenly, Aleister emerged from the bathroom with his long blonde hair in a moist messy bun and a towel round his slim waist. He looked different, I don't know why but he looked-

"Please stop staring at m-me" he stuttered, he only does that when he's shy or uncomfortable.

"Aleister I'm-" I took a step towards him and he flinched a bit.

"I'm not gonna hurt you" I put my arms up in surrender, taking a few steps back.

"Please just leave me alone" he whispered out to me.

"I'm sorry" I sighed out.

He ambled past me, getting on his knees next to his suit case, but this time, he wasn't back turned. He nervously glanced up at me occasionally.

After we both got ready, we came down for breakfast. As we ate, I noticed how tense he got whenever I moved a certain way, and it made me feel a million times worse.

.......

The bells for first period rang and I was already seated in class, only thing missing now was the teacher so the class was still a bit rowdy.

"Oh no dude, I really like him" I heard a familiar voice from behind me.

I turned and found Jason with a couple of his friends.

"You sure man? He is your first guy crush" one of his teammates said, chuckling.

"Heck yeah I'm sure, I really like him" he said the last part so sincerely, it hurt a bit but also made me feel guilty and angry all at the same time.

"But isn't it too soon to ask him?" A girl said this time, the first ever female goal keeper on the boy's team and no, she's not lesbian or a tomboy.

"Yeah man, it's only been one good date, give it the rest of the week at least" another advised.

"Sure?" He asked, uncertain.

"Yeah" they all said in unison and he nodded.

"Sorry class, was running late" the teacher immediately cut in and I turned again, facing forwards.

.......

The boring Lit class ended and the graded home work was handed out. I got a 100, I smiled. I looked down at the answer to the question Aleister helped me with and my lips pursed. Suddenly, Jason walked past me, purposely bumping me on the shoulder and sending me a snide glare afterwards. I looked up at him blankly, maybe they are right for each other, I frowned.

........

"Dude are you like on your period or something? One day you're angry and now you're sad" Luther said while I poked at my lunch the whole time.

"Just leave it, Lu" I said lowly.

"Okay firstly, only my grandma calls me that, second, I'm supposed to be your best friend and you keep hiding things from me" way to go Luther, now I feel even worse.

"I'm sorry, I promise to tell you everything later" I said and he groaned but accepted finally.

"Fine, our spot?" He asked.

"Definitely" I grinned.

........

"That's what happened" I finished explaining.

"Dude, this is pretty serious" he said lowly.

"But you sure you don't like him like that?" He asked, his eyes peering deeply at me just begging for a sincere answer.

"I'm sure, I mean the kid's basically my brother and that would just be wrong, why I wanted to kiss him last night, well I don't know where that even came from" I said honestly.

"If you ask me, I say you like him but don't ponder on my stupid opinion, if you say you don't like him then you don't" he said, his tone a bit mocking.

"You don't sound convinced" I said with a soft playful glare and he leaned over, laughing hesitantly.

I rolled my eyes at him before looking ahead at the soccer field. Almost a minute later, I heard giggles coming from a distance.

I turned and found Aleister and accompanying him was Jason. They were heading over, chattering cheerfully.

"Why are we here?" I heard Aleister suddenly ask as they both took their seats. They hadn't noticed us yet because we were just a few rows behind.

"What do you think they're doing here?" Luther asked and I shushed him, listening closer.

"To ask you something important" Jason grinned happily. Dear god no, I thought he was waiting for the rest of the week.

"Would you like to go see a movie tonight?" I heard him ask Aleister and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Of course" he said with no hesitation and I felt my chest sting.

"Thanks so much" Jason cheered and they hugged for a while before pulling away but not completely.

They were snuggling? I need to get out of here.

"You okay?" Luther asked but I didn't answer. I rushed out, blowing my and Luther's cover.

I headed straight for the parking lot, getting in my car and driving away.

Please don't forget to vote on this or leave a comment ..