nineteen

•••

•••

Ellie touched the plane down on the the roof of the avengers compound, looking around the plane that held all her belongings. She already missed her husband and she hadn't even been away from him for a day. She stood up, slinging her handbag over her shoulder and picking up Harry's baby carrier.

"Hey El." Pepper greeted as she walked off the plane, hugging her tightly.

"Hey Pep." Ellie smiled tiredly, "I've only got one more bag, would you be able to grab it? Hello? Pepper?"

Pepper stood in her place, staring curiously in the baby carrier that Ellie held in her left hand.

"I'm sure Tony's going to ask so I'll just explain in a minute."

"I've got so many questions." Pepper told her, grabbing the other bag, the two of them walking down inside the compound into the living area where Tony was sat with Peter and Rhodey.

"I know." Ellie sighed.

"You okay kid? Seem a little-" Tony's familiar voice joked, stopping halfway through his sentence as his eyes caught sight of Ellie baby.

"Anyone else I'm gonna have to explain this too?" Ellie asked sarcastically, placing her bag down on the floor and carefully taking Harry out of the carrier as he began to cry.

"I'm so confused." Peter muttered.

Ellie sighed before beginning to talk.

"His names Harry, he's a month an a half old."

"Did you steal him?" Tony joked, earning a glare from Ellie, immediately shutting up.

"It would have hurt a lot less." She commented, Tony cringing slightly regretting saying anything.

"How long have you been married?" Peter asked innocently, spotting her ring.

"You married Barnes?" Rhodey exclaimed.

"Barnes?" Pepper questioned, "As in Bucky Barnes, Winter Soldier, Bucky Barnes?"

"That's the one, and yes I married him." Ellie rolled her eyes, leaning back in the sofa, Harry sleeping soundly his head rested on her breast.

"And where is he now?" Tony asked, a hint of anger in his voice.

"God dad, calm down." Ellie mused, "He's in Wakanda. Shuri's taking out whatever the hell HYDRA put in his head."

"Why, why now?" Rhodey queried, "Shuri offered over a year ago."

Ellie sighed, her face dropping slightly as memories of that night flooded her brain.

"He was fine, he went a year and a half without it happening, so we were just going to leave it. But around 2 weeks ago, I was asleep one minute and the next I had a gun pointed at my head and then all of a sudden I was fighting my husband." Ellie explained.