chapter 30

san wooyoung

waking up with san pressed warmly against his side once more was enough to brighten his awoken features with a content smile.

instead of opening his eyes to a cold, empty bed and a hollow feeling in his chest, wooyoung was entangled with the only person he ever wanted to wake up with for the rest of his assumed pointless existence.

the warmth blooming within him only grew when he remembered that today was saturday, meaning there was no reason for him to have to move any time soon.

with that declaration solely in his mind, he snuggled the sleeping boy closer to him, revelling in their proximity. as he gazed with infatuation at those innocent features; quiet and unchanging before him, devoid of wariness and grief, wooyoung could do nothing but continue to stare.

san was a spectacle in front of him, painfully close yet seeming so untouchable and ethereal it was almost unbelievable that he existed so effortlessly.

and it was his mere exquisite existence that moulded wooyoung's life so finely, granting joy, pain and lust - anything to replace the void he felt beforehand was a burst of vibrancy, maximized to the point he was a legible candidate to be in a permanent state of kalopsia.

but he was sure, while examining san's resting face, from his his soft cheeks up to dark fluttering eyelashes and splayed raven hair down to his slightly chapped lips and defined jawline, that such breathtakingly angelic profile was far from a crafted delusion.

wooyoung truly could have lain there for hours, watching him (not in a weird creepy way) if the choice was up to him, but alas, sleeping beauties must eventually wake.

"morning," the subject of his unsaid sanctity yawned widely, unaware of the other's unwavering stare.

"good morning." he replied softly, reaching out to brush the other's cheek with a nimble finger, allowing his caress to linger.

warmth flooded san's cheeks, and he recoiled from wooyoung's hand with a disapproving inaudible sound, eyes shaping into crescents of embarrassment. 

"you're so cute~" the younger swooned, causing the other dark haired male to twist and shuffle under their shared duvet and pull a face at him.

"wooyoung..." he objected cutely before repeating his name more seriously. "i'm glad that.. we sorted things out."

wooyoung leaned across to place a small kiss on san's temple, stroking his hair gently. "so am i, little choi. more than you can imagine."

the other offered him a shy smile, eyes searching his face inexplicably and relishing in this missed comfort.

wooyoung wondered what he must have done in some past life to deserve anyone as amazing as this, and silently thanked them from the bottom of his heart for being a better person than he ever was in this life.

"oh, wipe that look off your face." san demanded, poking his cheek daringly when he got too soppy. "you seem to have forgotten we have a maths test to revise for."

wooyoung immediately groaned, his face crumpling as he hid beneath the covers feebly. "don't want to."

"that's too bad," san started, throwing the covers off of himself and swinging his legs out of the bed. "i had a really nice tutoring session planned."

wooyoung could hear the smirk in his voice, and upon peeking out from under his shelter he didn't miss the mischievous glint in the other's eyes.

"intrigue me." he answered slowly, the unimpressed pout never leaving his face.