༄TWO༄

Spencer stares at the number on his screen as he steps out of the bureau, finger hovering over the call button in hesitation. It's late, not too late as its only about seven but still late. He argues the pros and cons mentally for a few moments as he walks down the street knowing he should go towards the subway if he wants to catch the last ride but deciding he'd rather walk the extra twenty minutes anyway. Finally he presses the little green button and raises his phone to his ear. It rings twice and then a voice filters through the phone. "Go for Di'Nair."

"Um, is this Rami? It's Spencer from the coffee shop the other day, I told you what your flower crown meant." He fumbles over explaining who he is and where they met out of nervousness.

"I was starting to think you wouldn't call." A little chuckle follows the statement. "I don't normally give people my number so I didn't know what to expect."

"I uh, I actually thought it might have been a prank, but I didn't call sooner because we were out on a case." The agent comments fumbling with one of the zippers on his satchel.

"Care to tell me about it over a cup of coffee? Or is that not allowed?" The question seems a little like an echo and he wonders if Rami is in a bathroom or waiting on the subway.

"Actually, since the case is over so I can tell you just about anything. Are you at the subway? You're echoing a bit." Spencer stops to adjust his bag and push up his sleeve so he can look at the time.

"Look to your left, Spencer." The barista's voice echoes again and the genius' brows furrow as he looks up and to his left. Coming across the parking lot of Precinct #120, Rami waves flicking his own phone shut. He's wearing a lavender sweater with the sleeves pushed up above his elbows, light blue skinny jeans, and a pair of white converse to match the purple and white heathers that make up his flower crown. A badge-- with his photo, Police Consultant Level S, a serial number and barcode, and the words Security Authorization: Level S and Authorized to carry concealed-- hangs from the lapel of the white collared shirt he's wearing under his sweater.

"Your badge is pretty impressive. So, coffee?" Spencer comments motioning to it once the man comes to a stop at his side.

"Why thank you, lucky for you I know a place that's open 24/7." Rami hums and begins walking hooking his arm through Spencer's causing the taller man's eyes to widen significantly in surprise. "So, what do my flowers mean today?"

"Well though you are only wearing heathers today the different colors symbolize different things. Purple means solitude, beauty, and admiration while white is generally defined as protection." The genius explains as they walk, he doesn't comment that he sees the smaller man hopping slightly over the cracks in the sidewalk like its a game. "Your last name is Di'Nair right? Are you Italian?"

"Only half, my mama was Italian and apparently my papa was the most attractive Englishman she ever met." Rami explains as they stop at a street crossing to wait for the walking light to come on. "So what's your last name? Since you know mine."

"Ried. I'm sorry you lost her." The man comments not really knowing how to respond.

"Don't be, she was a wonderful woman but she could barely remember me when she went. She had Huntington's Disease." Rami explains as they cross the street. "She always wanted to open a coffee shop but I had to put her into hospice care when I turned twenty because I couldn't keep up with my schooling and her health needs. She passed last year and I opened the shop with the money she left me and named it after her."

"I had to put my mother into a sanitorium when I turned 18." Reid offers up as they turn in the direction of the coffee house. "She has schizophrenia."

"What's her name? She must be proud of you being an FBI agent and all." The smaller man smiles up at him, green eyes shining even in the harshness of the streetlights.

"I'm not always sure, she has a stance on government that we don't exactly agree on but I write her a letter everyday." Spencer says reaching forward to open the door of Bella & Son's Coffee for the other man. "She's the one that taught me flower language."

"That's really sweet. Hey Jenny, can I get a Mocha cappuccino with a shot of espresso and one pump of cream, and for Spencer, a blonde roast with two pumps of cream and five spoons of sugar?"

"'Course boss, when is Sandra getting here again?" The red headed girl behind the counter asks. Her accent seems Boston native and she only looks about college age.

"She should be here soon but if your classes start earlier tonight I'll be here if you need to leave early." Rami smiles at the woman and pulls a ten out of his wallet before slipping it back into his back pocket.

"You remembered my order." Spencer comments as they take a seat near the front window of the shop. Only an exhausted looking business man and a small group of teenagers remains.

"Hard to forget an order with that much sugar, sweetie." The consultant offers up. "So tell me about Spencer Reid. I already know that you are a superhero and a mama's boy but what else?"

"I have three PhDs in Mathematics, Chemistry, and Engineering. I can read 20,000 words per minute and I have an eidetic memory." He offers not really knowing what he is supposed to tell the other man.

Rami smiles at him though. "Not really what I was going for, Mister Genius. I was more looking for what you do in your free time, but since we are on the accomplishment train I should let you know I also have a few doctorates." The red-head from before sets their coffees in front of them and they both stop to thank her before taking a sip of their drinks.

"What do you have doctorates in?" Spencer questions surprise coating his voice.

"Well originally I was just going to get two, Psychology and English, but I found out I could get Sociology if I put in for a few extra courses added on to my Psychology one. I finished them all about two years ago and I always said I'd go back for history once I got this place running." The green-eyed male explains dragging his finger through the foam top of his coffee and popping it into his mouth before he continues. "I usually don't tell the guys I intend to date that, its intimidating from what I've heard."

"It's amazing." The agent says breathlessly and a brilliant smile dances over the consultants lips. "Do you still want to go back for a history doctorate? If so, are you planning to go to the courses or take them online?"