seventeen

/THIRD PERSON POV/

The moment his name fell off Junhoe's lips, Lisa kissed Jennie one last time before rushing out of the apartment

The moment his name fell off Junhoe's lips, Lisa kissed Jennie one last time before rushing out of the apartment. She drove her car recklessly towards the Manoban Estate, her mind spinning at the thought of her best mate and brother dying.

Parking on the front yard of Manoban Estate, Lisa left the car for the staffs to take care of.

She then spared one last glance at the estate, knowing she wouldn't be seeing the mansion for a while, and sped off into the darkness.

Everything was a blur as Lisa ran at her full light-speed. The trees welcomed her warmly, their branches waved at her in a friendly manner. But Lisa didn't have enough time to greet them back—Bambam could die in any second.

Lisa could feel the cold wind slapped her face mercilessly, but she could care less. For all that she knew, she had never been bothered by the cold. How could she, when she had lava in her blood and fire in her heart?

Sooner than she thought she would have, she arrived at the Northern Forest.

The forest was something nostalgic.

Its dark woods, its chilly air, its whispering leaves, its glowering dirt; everything.

Lisa slowed down, merely panting. She examined the dark woods precisely, her senses perked up.

Screech, screech!

Lisa's eyes went up at the familiar sound. Her shoulders tensed a little bit as she felt a gush of wind brushed the back of her head.

She raised her bicep just in time a white-greyish hawk landed on her right shoulder.

She looked up to her right, where a Northern Goshawk sat on her right shoulder comfortably. Even with the dim light of the moon above, Lisa could clearly decipher the beautifully put together structures of the hawk.

The hawk was nearly black above and contrast underneath, white with grey stripes completing its motives. Its head was black on the above with two white stripes just above its eyes, lining backward towards its body.

Its eyes were just like Lisa's, glimmering golden underneath the luminous moonlight. But she knew that when the morning came, they would be just like the fire burning inside her—flaring orange.

Lisa sighed at the Northern Hawk, it seemed to be sensing her worry and alertness because it spread its wing and screeched sympathetically. As if he was telling Lisa about Bambam, the hawk flapped its wing moderately.

"I know. And don't be sorry, it's none of your faults," Lisa averted her gaze towards the tall trees and observed them narrowly.

"I need to see him, Pollux. Mind keeping your eyes on the forest while I'm gone?"

Pollux chirped as a way of him agreeing.

"Thanks, I know I can always count on you,"

Pollux nudged Lisa's hair softly with its head before soaring back upward to the sky. Lisa watched as Pollux landed on the highest tree branch she was able to see. Then he eyed her stoically, and Lisa nodded at him at last.