Chapter 10: Lilies

"A lily or a rose never pretends, and its beauty is that it is what it is."

                                                                                           -Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Stop running!"

Your voice boomed through the courtyard, blue eyes glazed with annoyance and determination.

"Stop chasing me!" Jin countered, his long legs running a few feet ahead of you.

"You started it!" You said angrily. "Now get back here and let me finish it!"

His brown eyes widened as he was suddenly pulled back, your hands gripping the silk of his robe and stopping in his tracks.

To any bystander...this scene would be extremely odd and you would come off as insane...which was still a possibility...Your hand holding on to seemingly nothing but air as your eyes glared at an empty space.

You were just glad that you were alone.

"Let go!"

Except for Jin.

You rolled your eyes as he struggled to get away from you, desperately trying to pull his colorful, silk robes out of your grasp, brows furrowed with determination.

Your blue eyes landed on the lily pond that was located directly behind the handsome ghosts, lips curling as an evil idea filled your head.

You instantly released Jin's robes, causing him to stumble back, loosing his balance and falling on his butt into the clear, flower-filled water of the small lily pond.

His eyes widened and he let out a loud gasp as his body suddenly became soaked in the water, his white hair now sticking to his forehead.

You couldn't stop yourself from laughing-

Wait.

No. You could.

But you didn't want to.

Your loud laughter filled the empty courtyard, eyes watering as you clutched your stomach, doubling over and struggling to catch your breath.

Jin instantly frowned, quickly becoming irritated by your actions and your laughter. A deep blush rose up his neck as he slowly stood up, silk robes contorting to his lean, muscular body. Water dripped off of him as he straightened his posture, face falling into a glare as he watched you carry on with your hearty laughter.

You glanced at him, snorting when you saw his unamused expression.

Holy moley.

You haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

It felt great to finally be able to laugh o freely...especially after all the things you had experienced. In this moment, you felt no sorrow, no pain..nothing but happiness.

You supposed that you had Jin to thank for that...After all, the only reason you were laughing so hard was because of the look on his face.

Your giggles instantly cut off when his hand gripped your wrist, pulling you forward and forcing you into the water with him.

You gasped at the cold sensation, before giving Jin a dirty look.

The white-haired male only laughed in response, his blue eyes sparkling under the midday sun.

You couldn't even get mad at him.

Not only because you had it coming, but because of how happy he looked....how genuinely happy he looked.