Chapter 9

HIIIIIIIIII! Thank you so much for the supports and don't forget to vote for this chapter! Also you can follow me for sneak peak of the story, updates, character profiles and more on my tumblr page at yourandielexxis.

Unfortunately, only one chapter will be updated today *Raise hands in surrender* Sorry! Please don't shoot! Being an owner of a photography business leaves me little time to write! But I will try to release another chapter before next monday.  :) 

I finally posted an image of Gale at the bottom of the chapter! \^-^/ Enjoy the read~

______________________________________________________________

'There was just something about you... you just stood out from the crowd... and I knew that I could trust you.' That's what Tristen had said when I asked why me. I felt his honesty when he answered and I think I trust him. He could've seen that I kept my memories of the trips to the aquarium but he never asked me of anything but my company. He could've cut me off and find someone else that was immuned. Plus, he believed he saw me before–

"Oof." I stumbled to my feet.

"Are you drunk?" A voice echoed. "Do you need to puke?"

I swayed on my feet and giggled. "No, I am not... drunk." I touched my chin, thinking. "I was just thinking about someone... hot."

"Ooooooo." Bodhi jumped into my vision. "Who is this cute human boy?"

I laughed. "He's not human." I started swaying to a nonexistent music, working off my restlessness. "I wanna dance!" I grabbed Bodhi and dipped her.

Bodhi yelled and then laughed. "I like this Meredith!"

I twirled her around, "Well, stick around and you'll see more."

Bodhi grabbed a remote and hit a button. A song came on from the large speaker near the television. I squealed in excitement, I snaked my arms up and danced around the couch, I stumbled here and there due to Bodhi's shoes. Bodhi laughed as she head banged to the beat.

I didn't know how long Bodhi and I danced. The sun was still up, so there's that. I was breathing hard and so I let myself dropped on the couch, feeling pretty much sober. Bodhi dropped next to me, breathing perfectly fine. She turned to me. "Feel better?"

I nodded. "Yeah." I study my steadied hand. "I just needed to work off my nerves."

"Meredith." She bounced on the couch as she rearranged herself to face me with no smile. I stiffened. It's serious Bodhi again and for some reason, that freaks me out.

She grabbed me hand. "I just want you to know that you're not being used. I could have find someone else that is immune but you are so much more." She smiled and grabbed my cheeks. "You kept our secrets."

And she's back.

I tried to pull my cheeks out of her tiny grip. "Augh!"

"Oops." She let go. "Sorry, still don't know my strength out of water yet." She giggled like a madwoman.

"Crazy shark."

She rolled her eyes. She bends down and begun putting on a thick gothic pair of shoes. "So sensitive."

"First time on land?"

"How did you guess?" Her eyes rounded as she looked at me in surprise.

I looked at her floor, covered in shoes and socks. "Just a lucky guess." I said sarcastically.

"Being on land is awesome!" She jumped on her boots of added inches and she stood a bit taller. "I feel lighter and stronger on land." She twirled, "There's so many cool stuff here!" She pulled a grocery bag from the floor. "And I found these ambrosia of the gods!" She dropped the plastic bag at my feet.