rockabye •seven

...

In King Eric's and Queen Ariel's castle, Serena sat at the table for breakfast with the family. Athena happily eat her pancakes. Eric read the newspaper and Ariel going over her schedule of the day. Melody and Louise talk quietly about something. Serena looks over to Athena to find her feeding Max some bacon.

Athena giggles went Max licks any extra bacon taste off her tiny fingers.

"Sire, Madame. Prince Chad is here." The butler announces. Chad walks in with a happy smile.

"UNCLE CHAD!" Athena immediately got out of her chair and ran to Chad. Chad bent down and picked her up.

"Good morning." Chad says to everyone. Unlike Ben, Ariel and Eric liked Chad the most. Who wouldn't after all he had done for their daughter?

"Come sit and eat breakfast with us, Chad." Ariel invites. Chad nods and goes to put Athena in her chair and sits next to Serena. A plate with put in front of him and he reached over to serve himself.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready for the coronation?" Serena asked Chad and took a sip of her orange juice. Chad nods.

"I have time, but I wanted to talk to you first." Chad says.

"Yeah sure, let's walk out to the beach after." Serena says. Everyone finishes their breakfast peacefully.

Eric and Ariel offered to take Athena horseback riding to let Serena and Chad chat alone. Walking along the beach outside of the castle, the two teenagers were in comfortable silence before Serena decided it was right to break it.

"What do you want to talk about?" She asks. Chad looks at her.

"I want you and Athena to accompany me and Audrey to Ben's coronation." Chad asks for.

"Chad..."

"Hear me out." Chad stops her. "You have been forced to be locked away with your daughter all of her life. I want you to stay here with the people who love you. Your parents, your friends, people that adore and admire you."

"It's not that easy for me." Serena says. Chad stops her from walking and takes her hands.

"Then I will make it easy. You can go back to school and Athena can stay here with your parents."

"I don't want to be separated from her." Serena adds.

"Then she can live in the dorms with you. We can ask Fairy Godmother to give you a room of your own. She can go to classes too."

"What about Ben? What if he tries to talk to her or tells her he is her father?" Serena says in worry.

"Then we will never leave Athena alone long enough for Ben to try." Chad says with a smirk.

"You thought this through, didn't you?" Serena teases.

"So what if I did? I want you to be in Auradon, to be able to see you fully and not through a 12-inch screen."

"What about my parents?" Serena asks. They continue to walk, but Chad held her hand. Serena may have thought nothing of it, but it meant much to Chad.

"I'm sure that your parents will go with it, especially with me taking care of you. So, what do you say?" Chad asks. Serena looks out into the ocean and thinks.

...

"Is that...? No, it can't be. It's Princess Serena with Prince Chad. We haven't seen Princess Serena for three years. Oh, look at that! Who is that adorable little girl with them? That must be Princess Athena. This is the first time we have seen her."

Snow White informs the whole world through the broadcast. The camera removed its sights from any other royalty and instead showed on the carriage Serena rode in. Athena, in a pink dress and tiara placed on her honey brown head, sat next to her mother and cross from Chad. She looks out to the crowd in fascination. She heard people shouting out her name. Hers!

Athena didn't know why they did that, but she wasn't afraid. Her mother is with her and uncle Chad will protect them.

The carriage stops, Chad helps Serena and Athena out. Pictures were taken left and right. Athena clung onto Serena's dress, but smiles at the cameras and waves shyly.

"Princess Serena!"
"Princess Serena!" The crown shouts for. Serena turns and waves at the people before taking Chads arm and letting him lead her inside. At the entrance of the cathedral, the King and Queen of Auradon stand there, greeting everyone. When catching the sight of Serena and Athena, they just couldn't wait, especially Belle. Belle almost tried to run up to the girls, to hug her grandchild and tell her she loves her so much, but Adam held her back.

"Your Majesties." Chad and Serena bow. Athena followed and bows as well.

"Prince Chad, Princess Serena." The King greets.

"We're so happy you came, Serena." The Queen says and looks down at the three year old. "...And you as well, Princess Athena."

"Thank you, Your Majesties." Athena says, bowing again. Serena squeezed Chad's arm as a signal. Before Belle or Adam could say another word, Chad beat them to it.

"Please excuse us, my parents have been wanting to see Serena since she got back." Chad tells the King and Queen and takes Serena away from them. Athena follows them without thinking, not giving her undeclared grandparents another look.