Chapter 8: Time Skip - 1 Month

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V

It's been a month already and it seems as if Mike had gotten used to the lifestyle up here in the surface. He helped me move out all the junk from the spare room, making room for his furniture and belongings. I want to be nice, nicer than any of the other inklings that Mike had met. Plus, he is a great guy. Mike's pretty sweet and kind towards me and others that treat him with respect. He has also been able to climb up the leaderboards quickly with his large skill level. I personally think that he is better than a lot of the pro inklings who are at a higher skill level. We've become partners at work too.

We've become close friends pretty quick since we hang out literally almost everyday. 

Even if many other inklings don't trust him and tell me to not trust him, I still do. I don't care what they got to say.

*knock knock*

I perked up from my bed, looking at the door. The knock had obviously disrupted my thoughts, but I don't really mind. 

"Hey Sarah? Want to get a coffee with me or do you want to stay here?" He asked through the door. I could see his shadow from under the door too. "Uh, yea sure. Just give me a sec..." I said as I proceeded to get a quick change of clothes to look decently presentable. "I just need to change real quick." It was still rather early in the morning, but to me, 9 o'clock in the morning is pretty late. 

After my quick change of clothes, which consisted of a lime green shirt and a pair of leggings on, I headed out of my room. However, I noticed that Mike wasn't to be found where I'd thought he'd be: outside my door. "Mike?" I called out to him. "I'm right here." I heard his voice coming from the living room and looked over. He had his tentacle up from his octopus form over the headrest of the couch. "C'mon let's go Mike." I told him, giggling, and getting my keys before opening the door exiting out. He followed behind.

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V

I feel incredibly lucky to have met Sarah. I believe that there would not have been anyone else that would've been as supportive as her. She gave me and taught me as much as she could about Inkopolis. I have a general understanding of how it works up here thanks to her. For an inkling that typically is serious most of the time (or from what I've seen), she has a funny sense of humor and we have a lot of common. I think we've become really close friends over this past month and I really hope it lasts for a long, long time. I'm just really grateful, y'know?

We were walking down Inkopolis Square and heading on over to the small coffee shop that was located there. Sarah, on our way to our destination, yawned, stretched and stayed quiet. "You tired?" I asked, chuckling. She eyed me and gave a small sly smile. "Yea, duh." She simply responded with a small laugh. "Don't worry this coffee ought to wake us both up a bit." I said as we stood in front of the entrance to the shop. I opened the door for Sarah, who politely thanked me, and followed behind her.

We stood in line, and couldn't help but notice that I was getting a couple dirty looks from other inklings in the shop. I tried to ignore them by looking down at the floor as we advanced in the line. Sarah had seemed to notice that something was bothering me because she nudged me and asked if I was okay. "It's just that I'm getting a lot of dirty looks here.." I whispered to her. She gave me a small, reassuring smile and told me that I shouldn't worry about them. 

We got our coffees and made our way outside of the shop and sat at a table with two seats. We were tired, but we still conversed about whatever we wanted. While I was sitting with her, hearing her laugh at my jokes and smiling while we talked, I had a spark of hope that maybe, just maybe, I had a chance to fit in. But I couldn't stop thinking about...

How lucky I am to have met Sarah.