drei | tsukishima kei - so near yet so far

The name of the name of the soulmate is written on their wrist.

The timeline is kinda screwed up here so don't mind how it's Valentine's day and they won the Winter cup stuff.

[ warnings: n/a ]

[ words: 1.4k ]
______________________

You knew. The name written on your wrist was familiar. Ever since you've entered Karasuno as your high school, you've known this person. From the moment you introduced yourselves as a new class, you found him. He found you too. But neither did the both of you say anything. Neither were prepared and you both knew that even though you've never communicated with each other before. You had more important things going on and he, also, had more important stuff to do rather than waste time with his soulmate.

Instead of talking to each other, you and him would be taking it in a more of a tsundere way to talk with someone. After all, actions speak louder than words.

One time after watching Karasuno volleyball club's road to nationals, beating a handful of people but was defeated by the Aoba Johsai, you had given him a bouquet of flowers with a 'congratulations' card. Though sent by a random person, you had a feeling he already knew it was you, as he was also very intelligent. On Valentine's day, you had given him a box of chocolates and a card with your name on it. Ashamed of giving it to him yourself, you had recognized one of his best friend in the same class, to give it to him.

"Tsukki!" The blonde eyes divert to the running green haired boy. He halted for a moment giving Yamaguchi a second to catch up to him. His eyes looking at the maroon covered box with a red ribbon wrapped around it. "You received chocolates Yamaguchi?" He asked him but Yamaguchi gave him an uncomfortable smirk. "This is for you." Tsukishima raised his eyebrow. "Are you confessing your love for me or what." With wide eyes, Yamaguchi left his mouth open for flies to get in. "Just kidding Yamaguchi."

"It's from someone who told me to give this to you." Tsukishima scratched his head feeling awkward about the situation. "Uhm... thanks."

Even without seeing the card he already had one name in mind. Who else could it be beside his soulmate. He knew that she knows who he was. But talking to each other was the last thing in their minds.

And then a month later, White day came. It was when they give chocolates to the person you received it from to show gratitude (and love if you want to add that there). Tsukishima could only stare at the white cylinder sitting on his desk. Of course he'd give it you. But his mind gives him a whisper, now having second thoughts in giving it to you.

From your side, the excitement was in every inch of your body. You expect, rather hope, for Tsukishima to give you something and man up. Maybe talk to you and properly introduce himself.

You were already walking to school.

Without any thoughts, Tsukishima averted his eyes at the cylinder and stuffed it in his bag. Maybe he was just to shy to give it. In a blink of an eye, it was already lunch time. Even though the both of you were in the same class, he'd never spare a glance at you. Yamaguchi notices your stares though as he too, stares at Tsukishima. After lunch was PE, everyone got out of the classroom to change so it would be easier for them to eat and not have a hard time. "Go without me Yamaguchi." The green haired left the classroom, Tsukishima left behind. His hands suddenly gripped on your leaving back, wrapped around your wrist. He checks. He checks if there were people in the classroom. Waiting for a moment, a second, five seconds, once everybody left, he lets out a deep sigh. "Yes?" You ask, inside you already lowkey knew what was happening.

He coughs before averting your eyes, rapidly taking out the white cylinder in his bag. He hands it to you. You stare at it for a while before he glares at you. "Take it or I'll take it back." You gasp and snatch the cylinder from him. "This was a payback from Valentine's day. I thought I would've been a coward for not returning one to you." The only thing that left your mouth was a small chuckle. You could spot the tip of his ear getting red.

"Thank you Tsukishima." He scratches his head. Seemed like he wasn't done yet. "H-hey we have an upcoming tournament soon. I want you to watch the finals. Even though it hasn't begun, I want you to be on the finals. Just the finals. And if we win..." he pauses for himself, "Let's date."

Your hands from your behind gripped on the desk near it. The blood rushing to your cheeks making you look like a tomato from the outside but all Tsukishima could see was his feet, eyes set on both of his feet.

It took you a while to regain your posture and speak normally. "That's a great deal but don't go losing the match intentionally."

You smile at him. "Good luck for you and your team." You tell him before leaving as well, leaving Tsukishima behind in the classroom, all alone.

After finally defeating Aoba Johsai, Karasuno VBC advances forward to the final match. The day finally came. Tsukishima wasn't thinking they could win at all. I mean have you seen Ushiwaka the ace? He didn't have a single chance with him. Even after all the exhausting work, effort and practice with his Tokyo pals, he still wasn't confident about his skills when it came to Volleyball. After all, this was just a club. He sits silently on the swing, even if the sun has finished its job, the moon clear and bright, he has yet to clear his mind before the finals.

You walk back home from the convenience store with a white eco bag

You walk back home from the convenience store with a white eco bag. Even from a distance, you spot the tall blonde string bean with his usual white headphones sitting on the top of his head. You approach him silently, even though you knew he couldn't hear a thing because of his loud headphones blasting some pop songs. You sit on the other side of the swing which he finally acknowledges your presence. "(L/N)? What are you doing here?" You tilt your head. "Ask that yourself. Shouldn't you be resting for match tomorrow? You've just beaten the blue-green miku team. Congratulations by the way." Though you tried your best not to sound excited for him. The corners of his mouth goes upwards. "Thanks." He mumbles.

"Now you should go home and get some rest or do I really have to force you too." He scoffs at your remarks. "Whatever Panda." You couldn't definitely tell him that your loss of sleep was because you were nervous about him losing one of his matches. And he will never ever know that.

He stands up first as you follow. His hands with his pockets, he slowly walks towards his house. "I'll go home now. You too." A bit inaudible from his scarf. "Tsukishima." You called his name out sprinting towards his figure.

Your hand rested on his cheek as you pull him down for a chaste kiss on the lips.

When he realized what was happening, his eyes turned wide and his jaw hung open. "That was a good luck's kiss. So you better do good." He averts his eyes toward yours. "Your good luck's kiss wasn't powerful enough." Even with his monotonous tone, you could feel the slight shy 'him' from his voice. How cute. "Well make sure you win." He nods before you pull him back down like before.

"Karasuno's number 11 got injured?!" The crowds were murmuring. You just gripped on your shirt. "Please let him be okay." You were going to chase after him but you felt like you weren't going to be any useful even when he's injured. You could see the frustration in Tsukishima's face.

The moment when he's needed the most, he's not there.

...

At the right moment, the hero has come to save the day.

The final spike by the red haired shrimpy, the final score was set. The winner belonged to Karasuno. The students including you, cheer loudly at the team who was also celebrating their win. Tsukishima could turn his head around him, as he spot a certain (H/C) head, you immediately smiled. You blush knowing what deal you both made before the match.

"Meet me up later in the same place where we made the deal. 7 sharp be there okay?"

This one is crappy sorry