Chapter 58

Chapter 58

◀◀ NEW YORK SPECIAL: EIGHT ▶▶

The grandmother was taken to the hospital on the day of the operation while Manish and Raghav waited outside the operation theatre. Jiyasha informed Manish that she would be fetching his grandmother into the operation theatre to encourage the ailing lady and that she would also be allowed being a doctor. 

An hour later, the team of doctors came out of the OT and both the boys rushed towards them. Upon enquiring, the doctor informed them that the operation was successful and that their grandmother would be kept under observation for a couple of days.

The great news brought a satisfactory smile to their faces and both the brothers hugged each other. The doctor who was treating Manish's grandmother was also present at the hospital and felt relieved upon hearing the news.

When Manish's gaze fell upon the doctor, he rushed and hugged him. "We are so grateful for you for what you have done. I will repay all your debts very soon."

He continued raining praises on the doctor while the latter felt ill-at-ease. He knew what the truth was and did not like collecting praises without being responsible for the good deed himself. He moved away from Manish and said, "I am sorry but I didn't do anything. I was asked to hide the truth from you until the surgery completed."

Manish nodded in disbelief. "Who told you to hide such an important thing from me?"

Before the doctor could open his mouth, Jiyasha came out of the operation theatre and declared, "I told him so."

Manish stared at Jiyasha for a couple of seconds and held her shoulders tightly. "Why did you tell him to lie to me? Why did you keep it hidden from me?"

"Wait Manish, calm down. I'll tell you everything. I was seeing you breaking down day by day and I was not liking it at all. You had a very big opportunity at the event but you refused to continue with Emily just because of me. You chose my safety over Emily's participation in your band. Somewhere and somehow I was responsible behind your dilemma and I knew I had to take up the responsibility on your behalf."

"No you can't. I had taken your responsibility and my grandmother is also my responsibility. It will kill me a thousand times whenever I'll think that I couldn't do anything myself to save her." Manish turned away from her.

Jiyasha took a step forward and held his hand. "I'm sorry Manish. I know it was not right to keep it hidden from you but if I had told you before, you would have never allowed me. You would have continued postponing the date of the surgery and by your grandmother's reports, it might have proved to be risky for her life. And I know how it feels to lose a very near and dear one."

"I know what you did is appreciable but you proved that I'm incapable of doing anything." Manish seemed too hurt.

Tears blurred her vision and she left the place without an another word. She knew she had hurt Manish for not revealing the truth to him. Her decision was strong enough to make him feel guilty throughout his life.

Mr. Thomas, who was witnessing everything from far came to Manish. He held his shoulder lightly and said, "Don't misunderstand the poor girl. She did what she thought was apt for the situation. Your grandmother's condition was really critical and we had to perform the surgery as soon as possible. No other person in the world would sacrifice as much as she did for you."

Manish frowned his forehead and enquired, "What did she do? How did she get so much of money?"

"Though she had refused me to tell you anything but I can't keep my promise otherwise she will suffer from more misunderstandings. She had got an opportunity to join our hospital as a junior cardiologist. But since the interview date was over, she joined the hospital as a part time surgeon under a senior cardiologist. She signed a five years' contract and will visit our hospital six times per year to perform surgeries only."