Chapter 10

A/N-Hey everyone! I hope you like this new chapter! Have a good day! Bye everyone💕

You followed Newt around the world inside of his case, still looking around.

"Do your friends come down here a lot?" You asked him.

"Oh, no. I don't really have many friends. Not really. I-I annoy people." Newt stuttered as he confessed.

This saddened you.
The way he lowered his head and tried to disappear made you upset.

People just don't understand him. You thought. If they did, they'd love him. The way I-

Your thoughts were interrupted by Newt.

"The way I talk about beasts-they-people don't find it interesting. What I study." He went on.

"This is what you study for a living?" You asked. "How fascinating!"

"Yes, it really is. But people don't realize.  The term we use is 'Magizoologist'." Newt replied. "What's your career, (Y/F/N)?"

"Oh, I'm a florist." You told him, happily. "I have my own shop here in New York. People don't like when I talk about my job either. It bores them." You said.
"It's almost as if they just don't see the beauty that's right in front of them."

Newt's eyes met yours when you said that.

It was like you read his mind and said the words he couldn't.

Newt, too, had felt that way for a very long time.

He blushed slightly, but you didn't seem to notice.

"(Y/F/N), what else do you want to know about magic?" He asked.
"I'll tell you anything you want to know."

You thought for a moment. Your mother came to mind again. I was a Hufflepuff.

Your manners and politeness quickly faded when everything came rushing back to you and you asked, "How did my mother know about magic? Do you know if she was a wizard like you?" You asked, all at once.

Newt took off his navy coat, feeling warmer as he looked at you, and sat down on the light grass. "Your mother-Well, your entire family really, is very well-known at Hogwarts and-"

You cut him off. "Hogwarts?" You asked, sitting down on the grass with him. "What's that?"

Oh, that's right. Newt thought. "Hogwarts is a school specifically for wizards and witches. The best wizarding school, I might add." He said.

"My mother went to a wizarding school?"
You asked, your eyes widened.
"There's a wizarding school? Newt, how did-"

He started laughing, and you did too.

"I'm sorry, Newt. It's just a lot to process right now." You told him.

"It's alright. I understand." He said while Pickett stood on his shoulder.

You wondered how such things were possible. "My mother said that she was a Hufflepuff. Does that mean anything?" You asked, looking for more answers.

Newt's eyes widened. "Why, yes it does!" He told you, excitedly.

"(Y/F/N), the bracelet that your mother gave you has the Hufflepuff crest. You see, at Hogwarts the students are categorized into houses that best fit their personalities. Your mother, being a Hufflepuff, was a hard-worker, kind, and determined. That's why she was in that house."

You understood.

"The other houses," he explained, "are Gryffindor, Slytherin, and Ravenclaw."

"Let me guess, the snake is for Slytherins, and they're ambitious?" You tried.

"Correct!" Newt exclaimed. You noticed the passion and light that he had in his eyes, and smiled subconsciously. You could see his emotions were genuine.

"And Ravenclaw," you started, "is known for intelligence and wisdom?"

"Correct again." Newt said, nodding. "And those in Gryffindor?" He asked.

"They're typically the brave ones. The ones with a lot of nerve." You replied.

"You've got it!" Newt shouted as Pickett crawled down Newt's arm and sat on his hand.

The bowtruckle looked at you and smiled as Newt said, "I think he likes you."

"Well," you started, looking from Newt to the bowtruckle, "I like you, too."

The gentle breeze you felt while sitting on the grass moved your hair slightly, and Newt hand moved hesitantly to brush it back behind your ear.

It was obvious that he didn't want to make you uncomfortable, but he felt drawn to you in some way and wanted to look you in the eyes even though he was somewhat scared.

He wanted to talk to you and be with you and you wanted to do the same with him, though neither of you could tell exactly why.

"Newt-" You said, quietly. "Do you-do you know what I like most about-" You paused.
"About Pickett?"

Pickett perched up when you said his name, expecting praise.

"Well, I like that he's very kind. And even though I just met him, I can't help but feel like I've known him for a long time." You said, without looking Newt in the eye.

"And-and he helped me find something I thought I lost. And he reminded me that all the magic I've always loved is real and it's here and it's so beautiful."
It became obvious to Pickett that you were no longer talking about him, and he turned to look at Newt, who was blushing slightly.

"Do you want to know what I like about Pickett?" Newt asked.
"Pickett, I think, is beautiful. And-and I like Pickett too because Pickett seems to understand me more than anyone."

Now it was your turn to blush. The bowtruckle looked back and forth from you to Newt, understanding now what was happening.

"(Y/F/N)," Newt started, "It could be very possible for me to feel this way about someone other than Pickett."

You stared at him, starting to hope that he could feel that way about you. Something interrupted you and your thoughts, however.

A creature that looked something like a snake with wings perched out from the place it was hiding and seeking shelter.

"What's that?" You asked, moving your head.

The occamy came closer to you and, on instinct, you moved back. You felt your back bump into something as you moved, and turned around to find Newt behind you.

"Oh! I'm so sorry." You said. "It's just-"

"That's alright." Newt told you. "She's an occamy, and her name is Jasmine. You don't have to worry, she won't hurt you."

"Oh, I'm not worried. I've just never seen anything like that before." You paused. "It seems I've been saying that a lot lately, haven't I?"

Newt nodded and smiled as he slowly stood up to greet the occamy.

He picked up his coat and put it back on before looking down at you and saying, "Would you like to meet her?"

You stared at him for a moment as you stood up.

"I would love to."

A/N-Hello everyone! Happy Saturday! I hope you liked this new chapter of my book 📚 I'll be back again next week!